Monday, 25 May 2009

Lemonade Award

The lovely Nicol at Classy and Sophisticated has bestowed the Lemonade Award on me:



If you haven't been to Nicol's, pop in. She's a domestic goddess who is truly classy and sophisticated and I get a perverse pleasure in reading her posts about transforming your dining room or organising your undersink cupboard. (I aspire to be Nicol)

Here are the rule for this award:

1.Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award

5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award
6. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude

Here goes with ten blogs with an attitude of gratitude:
  1. Sass e-mum at One Strangely Lush Mother
  2. Fat, Frumpy and Fifty
  3. Tawny at I Promise that I will do my best
  4. Kelloggsville
  5. Maternal Tales from the South Coast
  6. Rosie Scribble
  7. Scrappy Sue at My Home Wellington Town
  8. Maggie May at Nuts in May
  9. Scary Azeri in the Suburbs
  10. Student Mum


So how come I have an attitude of gratitude?

Well, this comes at a very timely point (when a close family member has had a miscarriage) as I have realised that I am sooooooooo grateful that I had no trouble conceiving, a relatively easy pregnancy and eventually (after 20 hours and an emergency caesarean) delivered a beautiful and engaging daughter. I am also grateful for a supportive husband who makes me laugh every day and whose laid back attitude to life is a great antidote to my neuroses!

Oh, and how about this beautiful weather we've got at the moment?

Also, we're off on holiday to London this week and we've just booked our tickets for this:



Life doesn't get better than this.

7 comments:

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

thank you!! HOW LOVELY, SITTING AT WORK ON THIS BLAZZING HOT, BLUE SKIES BH MONDAY AN AWARD IS VERY WELCOME....

HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY TIME IN LONDON

Maggie May said...

Oh that is so kind WM, thank you very much.
Yes, I guess we have so much to be thankful for!

Sorry about the relative's miscarriage.

rosiero said...

Enjoy our city!

Potty Mummy said...

Have a fabulous time! And don't forget to visit Gabriel's Wharf if you're on the South Bank (or, indeed Borough Market if you're in need of a snack...)

ModernMom said...

Congrats on your award:)

scaryazeri said...

Hey,
Just wanted to say thank you so much for my award!!!!! To be honest, I am still finding out whether these things are a bit like chain letters or not, so I have not yet put it up. But I felt very touched that you nominated me, for which I am truly grateful! Thanks again and hope you are keeping well.

N

Sass E-mum said...

Thank you for the award. Like you, I read Nicole's blog with a mixture of awe and bewilderment. (I feel a pang of guilt - and think of Nicole - every time I see the grubby corners in my kitchen cupboards.

Hope London was fun.