Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Show and Tell

I am still at school. I think we are the only school in the UK still in lessons until Wednesday. We think the 'powers that be' looked at the calendar and mistakenly arranged our holidays according to the date of Greek Orthodox Easter, rather than the good old C of E one! Such is life. At least I don't go back to school until the 27th April!! Yippeeee!

Anyway, this week's 'show and tell' for daughter was "My favourite song"

What would she choose?

She toyed with Abba (Mamma Mia), Duffy (Mercy) and Gilbert O'Sullivan (Matrimony).
(She has eclectic tastes)

She wavered over a few on the Disney CD.

Husband brought to the discussion: The Manchester City CD (football chants galore)

I offered up: The Manchester Chorale's "Northern Lights" CD (featuring mummy)

She still wasn't sure.

I hatched a plan .............

.... for the last week I have sung "Lullaby of Birdland" to her after her bedtime story.


Last night it was between City and The Manchester Chorale. Both were labelled and placed by the book bag in the hall.


Today came, what did she choose? ............................





.......................... The Manchester Chorale! .......................





............... featuring mummy singing "Lullaby of Birdland"!


Ah, the power of suggestion!

5 comments:

mr-stu said...

My daughter and her friends decided to sing a Katy Perry one something talking about PMS, she liked the lyrics being seven but never understood the words, needless to say I was not impressed.

Mrs Stu is a teacher and she started her holidays last week for two weeks

Mean Mom said...

You're so crafty! Sorry you're still at work. Never mind - last day tomorrow!

Claire Sutton said...

You've migrated to the same school holidays as the ones here in Australia!

The Autumn holidays always are two weeks in April regardless of when Easter is so maybe yuo've got an Aussie for a planner???!!!!

Hullaballoo said...

That's just mean, making you work until today. Enjoy your hols, and your gorgeous wee daughter. I am surrounded by battlefield scenery, which the boys have drafted me in to glue. Being a girl just didnt prepare me for this.

Maternal Tales said...

Good choice little lady. Was a bit worried there that she would choose the Manchester City one (I'm an Arsenal fan)!!

Can't believe you're still at school today. Happy holidays xx