Thursday, 16 April 2009

Sensible or Control Freak? You decide.

The water filter in the fridge needed changing this week. I ordered a new one and it duly arrived. Husband proceeded to change it as usual.

"Can I see how you do that?" I asked

"Why?" he said.

"Because I don't know how you do it"

"You don't need to, I do it"

"But if anything happened to you I'd need to know how to change the water filter"

I thought that was a pretty sensible reason.

"Yes, because if something happens to me, changing the water filter will be your biggest problem" he said, sarcastically.

I left him to change the water filter.

12 comments:

gigi said...

Oh you two are a mess!
Yeah, just let him do it!

Working mum said...

Gigi - I guess I'm just used to doing everything myself! ;)

Mean Mom said...

My husband irritates me in just the same way, sometimes. I am always willing to share any knowledge I have with him, but he often interprets this as patronising. Knowledge is power and some men don't want to share. Or perhaps I'm just taking it too seriously. ;0)

Working mum said...

Mean Mom - I think maybe you are. It was more like I was irritating/amusing him in equal measure, not that he was reluctant to tell me how to change a water filter. More bemused as to why I was asking.

mr-stu said...

We know our position in life and that is to fix and repair things, although in my life it is to wash, clean and cook as well!

Maggie May said...

I have had similar conversations!

Studentmum said...

What's worse is when he tries to teach me how to do something I don't really want to know how to do - like fixing something I would normally just replace - and then he gets annoyed when I don't listen, and says I am having a 'blonde' moment. - which makes me laugh and he goes off in a huff! Men eh!

Polly said...

Got to love a man with a sense of humour!!

Claire Sutton said...

The male ego is a fragile thing!

kimmiekat said...

Sometimes the hubby frustrates me so much like that. Next time just look it up online and surprise him by doing it yourself.

Suburbia said...

Ha ha! Does he do any other jobs in the house?!!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Don't worry... Just google it.

There's probably even a video on how to do it.