Sunday, 12 April 2009

Know your place WM

Yesterday daughter was poorly. She must have caught a bug. She complained of a tummy ache and after breakfast she was sick, sick, sick. We still went to my parents' as planned, but she was sick on the way and sick when we got there. She didn't want to do gardening with Grandad. She didn't want to play games with Grandma. She just wanted her mummy.

She stuck to me like a limpet. She lay on my knee and fell asleep for most of the day. At one point I asked her if she'd like to go to up to bed as I'd taken her PJ's with us for the journey home.

"Only with you" she feebly replied.

She fell asleep next to me on the sofa, again.

Oh, it was nice to be wanted.



This morning she woke at 6am to the shout of:

"EASTER BUNNY'S BEEN!"

(Husband lays a trail of rabbit footprints from her bed all round the house which she follows to find the various places where Easter Bunny has left her eggs)

After breakfast she asked to watch some CBeebies.

"Okay" I said, putting the TV on and sitting next to her.

"Why don't you go and talk to Daddy?" she said.

Yep, she's better.

13 comments:

scrappysue said...

shunned!!! the life of a mum eh?

Iota said...

I'm wondering if somehow she was emotionally attached to the Axminster, and when you pulled it up (you did, didn't you?), she experienced a physical response which made her ill.

I suppose it could just have been a bug.

Working mum said...

Scrappy - Yep, that's my role, shunned mother.

Iota - you could be right. She's practically grown up with that carpet!

gigi said...

Aw.. at least she is better, how precious it is to be needed and feel the love!
Blessings on this Easter Sunday.

family affairs said...

At least she's better for chocolate day!! Lots of bugs around. My teenager not at all well either. Happy Easter Lx

Polly said...

The joys of children - one day you are wanted and the next you are not. Those particular days of wanting though are very special - lots of warm fuzzies.

mr-stu said...

cbeebies has a lot to answer for, it's as if the kids enjoy the characters more than us at times!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

get that carpet up girlfriend...

A Modern Mother said...

My 4-yr-old told me yesterday that Easter was her favourite holiday. Must be the chocolate.

Highlighting you on mummy bloggers this week...

Moannie said...

Glad she's better, but I remember those cuddles, the feeling needed, the wet sweaty lap, and the feeling better, just as the Doctor arrived.

Working mum said...

Family Affairs - I saw that your son was ill, at least Izzy didn't have to go to hospital. Glad he's on the mend now.

Mr Stu - I am growing to love CBeebies babysitting abilities more and more, except that damn Mr Maker - he's responsible for more mess in my kitchen than husband cooking!

FFF - I'm finding it strangely difficult taking it to the tip, have I become attached to it? Help! Awful wallpaper is next on the list.

Modern Mother - that's exciting! Thank you. Will try to use the site more while I'm on holiday.

scaryazeri said...

sounds very familiar indeed.:))

kimmiekat said...

Bunny Footprints, priceless.