Thursday, 30 April 2009

I'm a working mum, get me out of here!

Thank you for all your lovely comments about daughter's birthday. It really was worth the effort to see the look of delight on her face.

The very next day I was back to school after the Easter Holiday to find that my conscientious and hard working exam classes had spent the previous two weeks working their way through the past exam papers I had given them and so presented me with about 20 hours worth of marking. I didn't think they would do it all!! Damn those perfect pupils! (He he he)

Combine that with a Parents' Evening last night (lovely parents, very appreciative and supportive, but also very talkative - didn't leave school until 8.45pm) and I've barely had time to do the washing, never mind blog!


However, I've managed to dig my way out of the mound of paper to write a quick post to say I'll be back when the exam classes have gone on study leave and normal service can resume.

Then again, I'm going out with the 'mums' next Friday...... could be some blog material in that!

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

See you soon!

8 comments:

Mummy Cow said...

Hi. Like you I'm drowning under marking and have only come up for air because it's Friday! Just think - we may get close to having it all when study leave starts!
Hang on in there.
MC x

Reluctant Housewife said...

You do the washing before you blog?

You're a better woman than I.

heh

HER ON THE HILL said...

Have fun on the Mum's night out! Where you going?

Working mum said...

Mummy Cow - I always think this is the worst two weeks of the year - roll on study leave!

Reluctant - I'm rethinking my priorities now you've said that. It's 8am on Saturday and I'm on the laptop with a pile of washing here at the side of me!

Her on the Hill - Strada in Wilmslow, if I can navigate my way there.

Casdok said...

Im sure there will be some blog material in that!!! Be sure to finish your homework first!

Polly said...

Lots of luck - I hope that you come out unscathed!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Housework first. Yeah, right!! Housework has taken a backseat since I started blogging.

Looking forward to reading the blogging material about your night out!!

CJ xx

Hullaballoo said...

For me, blogging always comes before washing lol.