Friday, 6 March 2009

What to do about the "Ruby do"?

Tomorrow is one of those days where I need a few extra hours in a day. I have a concert tomorrow night and it's my parents' Ruby Anniversary do on Sunday. Here's what else I have to fit in:
  • library books due back
  • pick up balloons I've ordered for parents' Anniversary do
  • buy present for Anniversary (what to buy? what to buy?)
  • buy cake for Anniversary
  • decorate cake (well, let daughter decorate cake in her own inimitable fashion)
  • pursuade daughter to make a card for Anniversary
  • take daughter to party 10.30am - 1.30pm (right in the middle of the day!)
  • do washing and ironing
  • get my concert dress and music ready
  • go to concert rehearsal 4pm
  • perform in concert at 7.30pm
Bear in mind that husband is at work on Saturday and can't help out.

What is a working mum to do?

If only my Parents weren't having a Ruby Do!

How inconsiderate of them! ;)

Hang on, what's this in the corner of the kitchen?
(Obviously I haven't cleaned the kitchen for a while)

Ah ha!

Problem solved!!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

8 comments:

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Ring up about library books and extend until you can safely get in to change them;

Buy cake, rather than make it - I know, anathema to you, probably...

Ruby earrings for mum (tiny?), and ruby port for dad - Just a thought!

Good luck with it all, enjoy the party and your concert work - Fabulous stuff! x

Expat mum said...

AS I often say myself - You need a wife!

Polly said...

Perfect!

Frog in the Field said...

Ah, fantastic, I wondered where it was?
Please send it back when you're done! (If only!)
Frog
x

Potty Mummy said...

Find a gorgeous photo of your daughter in your digital folder. Take it into your local kodak shop and get it printed out to the right size for the gorgeous frame you've just purchased from john lewis or similar. Wrap in red paper. Job done? (Find me a grandparent that doesn't love photos of their grandchildren...)

Hullaballoo said...

Delegate- works every time.

xx

Frog in the Field said...

Potty Mummy, I must introduce you to Shirl!
It's a great idea, though, for all other Grandparents in the world.

Working mum said...

Thank you for the suggestions. Will do many of them.

Potty Mummy - I did that for Dad's 60th birthday last year, made an Izzy calendar for them for Christmas and I'm making a photo book of Izzy for my Mum's 60th this year, so I think I'd better stay off the photos for this one. Great idea, though!

Frog - I'm not letting go of the TARDIS - comes in too useful!