Friday, 13 March 2009

Photostory Friday - Red Nose Day

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


Today is Red Nose Day. Daughter has gone to school in funny socks and I have agreed to have my photo (with a red nose photoshopped onto my face) displayed on a large screen at school if enough pupils pay to see it! (I know, I know, I must be mad. Hang on. What if they don't pay enough to see it? Oh no, didn't think about the implications there, did I?)

Anyway, last night daughter and I also made some red nose biscuits using the recipe from BBC Good Food Magazine (to see the recipe click here)



And this is how they turned out:


Guaranteed to put a smile on your face!



And a couple of inches on the waist!


(Have you seen how much butter goes into these little critters?!)

And husband has just gone to work in his dinner suit; he claims he's going as James Bond!

(Only in his head does a dinner suit turn him into Daniel Craig!)

So, what are you doing that's "funny for money"?

In support of Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland)

13 comments:

Maggie May said...

Hope many, many pupils are willing to pay to see your blown up picture with a red nose on!

Love the cakes! Its my day off today...... so I will not be obliged to go to school today dressed in red! What a pity!

The Dotterel said...

Wow, those biscuits look good! Tell you what- I'll do a sponsored scoff if you want.

Latree said...

those red=nosed cookies look yummy...

I thought you would show us the red-nosed picture of you. well, it will be a little inconvenient for us to pay :D

gigi said...

I want to see your picture!

Wayne said...

ok they look great and it's made me hungry im gonna go get some food.

great photo friday

Wifey Dessert said...

WOW That looks yummy!!!!

Cheffie-Mom said...

How fun! The biscuits look delicious. Thanks for the recipe. I would love for you to stop by blog soon. I love celebrating family, food, fun and friends!

Studentmum said...

Mine went to school in pyjamas - Little L (youngest twin by 3 mins) wore her dressing gown as well - stripy toe socks & red noses. I have a nose on my car.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, those look FANTASTIC. And I adore this idea!

Mean Mom said...

Mmmm.... Biscuits look great. It's almost unanimous, then! We want to see what you look like with a red nose.

rosiero said...

I'm drooling at the thought of eating them!

Frog in the Field said...

So did you or didn't you?

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I've never heard of red nose day.... but it does sound interesting!
the cookies look good.