Monday, 23 March 2009

Is there something in the air?

Last week was the pits. For various reasons. Problems at work, problems at home, lots of silly little things that added up like the review feedback, the ladybird costume, Busybees website won't let me log in to use my e-vouchers to pay for daughter's after school care, the laptop has had a wobbler and refuses to load my profile so I've lost a Blurb book about Izzy I've been working on for six months for my mum's 60th birthday (and no, you can't do a back-up, I tried).

It all nearly tipped me over the edge:

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
This is me on the edge!

However, here's the funny thing.............. it's not just me. Talking to friends and family this weekend, they all had tales of woe: stresses at work, loss of a grandparent, problems at home, irritating things going wrong, breakages, vandalism, internet problems, etc, etc.

Was there something in the air?

Surely this week will be better?

It has to be.

At least the ladybird costume's arrived!!

(Many, many thanks to my neighbour who took it in after I left a note for the postman!)

10 comments:

Suburbia said...

I hate frustrating weeks like that, hope it gets better for you, and remember it's only 2 weeks until the Easter hols!

Iota said...

March blues? Does that syndrome exist?

scrappysue said...

what a great neighbour you have!

hope next week is better than the alst

Maggie May said...

Well I am really pleased the ladybird costume arrived on time.
As regards things going wrong. Yes we are having the same type of thing.
I lost some photos from the computer that I am really hoping son can retrieve!!!!!!
My daughter rang last night to say her brick wall blew over in a gale yesterday and she is about to have an inspection form OFSTED (for child minding) Fortunately there was no one behind the wall! That's the only blessing.
She also told me her oven door is almost hanging off and she doesn't seem to be able to get a replacement. Its at times like this that I wish we lived nearer. At least her dad could build her a new wall even if we couldn't fix the oven.

My oven has to be lit by hand now as the sparker thingummy has stopped working. Dangerous to be lighting gas with a match, but there you go. Broke down this weekend. Phew!

Stacie said...

I hope that the air has been cleared and things start going more smoothly for you!

blogthatmama said...

I think there's something in the air Working Mum, you're right. Let's cross our fingers for next week! Blogthatmamax

Crystal Jigsaw said...

I think we all go through it. But I always remember that old saying, there's always someone, somewhere, worse off.

CJ xx

Expat mum said...

Spring is obviously in the air!

cheshire wife said...

We always seem to have a stressful run up to Easter and every year it seems to be something different.

rosiescribble said...

There must be something in the air. Last week wasn't great here, but this week positivity has returned. Strange how that happens.