Monday, 9 March 2009

I want what they're on

Mum and Dad's Anniversary Do was lovely. We had a very nice family meal in a restaurant. There was good food, good conversation and a lot of laughter. Perfect!

However, I want to know what my mum and dad are on because they seem to have boundless energy. They both still work (dad full time, mum part time) and are nearing retirement, but they are the busiest people I know!

For instance, just compare our weekends:

Saturday daytime: I did errands and a children's party, they went to Dad's club and got the room ready for a 70's night social decorating the room, setting the tables, etc.

Saturday evening: I performed in a concert, they went to the 70's night where my Dad did a turn as one of the Village People doing a dance routine to "YMCA" (don't ask!)

Sunday daytime: We all went for the meal for their Anniversary.

Sunday evening: I went to bed at 8.30pm intending to watch an episode of "Pushing Daisies" that I had recorded, but I fell asleep before 9.00pm

My mum and dad?

They went a local club where they go dancing and danced the night away whilst having an Anniversary Party with their friends!!!!

What is their secret?

15 comments:

Suburbia said...

Don't know their secret (perhaps it is happiness?) but they are very lucky :)

Expat mum said...

No small people under their feet.

gigi said...

Dancing does make one happy and it keeps you young! Maybe you need to dance more!!
I love dancing, I'm not very good but I love it and so sad that I married a non dancer :(

Sass E-mum said...

Could it possibly be that their baby grew up?

I flake out early on Sunday nights too.

Maybe I'll become a party animal again when Peaches is 21?

Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3 said...

Well when you find out, please let me know!!

rosiescribble said...

Could it possibly be because their kids have left home? Our day will come but hopefully not for a long time yet. My parents certainly have more energy than me!!

Melipop said...

I've been away a while and its lovely to catch up with your blog again. Doing one thing at a time (even if it is a big thing) isn't as tiring as trying to do a hundred especially when one of the hundred things is five years old. Reading your blog makes me tired so goodness knows what doing all that stuff must feel like (apart from worth it on the whole).

cheshire wife said...

I bet that if you had gone to the dance that you would also have found the energy to dance the night away.

verification word is MANIC!

Moannie said...

Ah yes, but they might have had one or two power snoozes in between the do and the dancing.

family affairs said...

No kids at home? Lx

Polly said...

Im finding more and more that the older you get the better your life seems to be!!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

They no longer work all the time, unlike you - Juggling working, recovering from lung capacity illness, choiring (I know I made it up!), bringing up energetic and darling daughter (DD), what else - butchering, baking, candlestick-making - And like Moannie said, they probably do lots of power-napping!

Glad it all went swimmingly! x

Mean Mom said...

Hmmm.... I suppose it might be something to do with the fact that they now have the freedom to choose exactly what they want to do and when they want to do it. They can do as little, or as much as they want and after a busy day, they can have a quiet day, if they would like one. Responsibility comes into it, too. You have a lot of responsibility in your job, as well as looking after your own daughter. You have a bit more stress in your life!

I once complained to my doctor that my mother had more energy than me, but I did still have all of my sons living at home and 3 part time jobs, at the time!

Hullaballoo said...

Good on them, what wonderful role models to have.

Jacki said...

Their secret is that they don't have any more young children living at home! Whereas people like you and me have young children at home that zap all of our energy. :-)

I am hoping that as she gets older that my energy level improves. :-)