Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Conversations with a four year old - the one about the Kinder egg

This afternoon, on the way home from school, we called in the corner shop for some cherry tomatoes. Conveniently placed by the till were the sweets and chocolate. Just the right height to entice a four year old.

"Can I have a chocolate egg, mummy?" daughter asked, "I haven't had one for aaaaaages"

"No lovey, you've still got lots of sweets and chocolate left at home"

"Awwwwww"

Then there was much weeping and wailing as I steered her to the car and started to drive home.

When she'd regained her composure she asked,

"Mummy, when we get home will you write some tricky words out for me to copy"

"Yes, of course. What kind of tricky words would you like?"

"Egg ,Chocolate, Want, Please, Toy, With"

So transparent!

10 comments:

Mean Mom said...

Ooh, she's a cheeky one, isn't she, but funny with it!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Tricky words, you have me intrigued...

BTW, she is totally going to run rings around you when she's a teenager - Just saying! (See 'Warning Signs' over at mine from time to time!!! LOL!) x

Working mum said...

Mean Mom - I don't know where she gets it from! ;)

WONI - I've already read your post; I'm scared, very scared!

Maggie May said...

Now that is what I call taking advantage!

gigi said...

Seems like I just heard this same conversation here at my house. I have no problem saying NO. But the the working mom's guilt triped DIL gets taken every time. The child is fine until the her mother walks thru the door! Then I could just swat her bottom.

rosiescribble said...

As subtle as a brick!!! Kids are brilliant at making sure we know exactly what they want!

sallymandy said...

It's great that you're writing down these little precious moments in her life! I thought I'd remember every funny/cute thing my daughter said, and of course I haven't. I love hearing about yours to relive the fun of having a little one that age. Though my 12 year old still comes up with random and funny things!

Tricky, she is!

Studentmum said...

She'll go far that one!

the mother of this lot said...

Tricky, that child.

pinkgecko said...

Mmmn. I think we've all got about at least another month of egg related tantrums. Then it wil be Christmas time in the shops again.