Thursday, 5 March 2009

Anything you can do.......

Last night I got into bed and coughed a bit.

Then a bit more.

And a bit more.

Then a long coughing fit.

I got up to get a drink of warm water.

Got back in bed.

Sneezed.

Got up for a tissue.

Got back in bed.

Coughed.

"Right, that's it!" yelled husband suddenly, "I've had enough. It's been four months and you are still coughing. I can't stand it any longer. Rant, rant, rant. Blah, blah, blah" (You get the gist)


I lay there quietly giggling away while he continued with his outburst.

I waited until he'd finished ranting then I quietly said:

"I've put up with your snoring for 16 years"


Silence.


He he he!

10 comments:

Suburbia said...

No sympathy from him then?!!!

Sorry to hear you are still suffering. There are loads of children at school with colds at the moment, a perfect germ environment!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

Great I love it when you can say things like that. Unfortunately its Larry with the humour filled conversation. I dont think of them till too late!! but l may use that one...on Monday l got up and slept on the couch because between Larry and Pippa's (the dog) snoring l lay awake for 2 hours.. DUH

Expat mum said...

I should berluddy co-co. So typical eh?

Studentmum said...

Direct & deadly - the best way to stop a ranting husband! ;)

Your bronchitus is hanging around though isn't it. Hope it's coming to an end soon.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh man, I hope you feel better soon!

Just remind him what the payback (or lack thereof) will be! :)`

gigi said...

Great come back!!!
What are we going to do with you? You really should be better by now! I know, Springtime in Georgia, USA.

rosiescribble said...

Quite brilliant!

Hope you feel better soon for both your sakes!

Maggie May said...

That was funny. Tit for Tat!

My son has a cough like that. it went on for months & he has been diagnosed with Cough Variant Asthma.He has an inhaler to use.
Seems that a bad attack of bronchitis brought it on.

auntiegwen said...

He didn't think of nursing as a career ? Why ever not ?

Polly said...

Great comeback. Men are always so hardly done by aren't they!