Saturday, 14 February 2009

Blogoversary - time for a 'Have It All Update'

Hard to believe it's a year since I discovered the blogosphere and found an outlet for my rants and drivel about being a working mum in the 21st century!

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

If you want to read why I started the blog and what my thoughts were about being a working mum a year ago click here for my first post. Rereading it, I can see all the elements of my life there - stressful work, being ill, (mostly) thoughtful husband, gorgeous daughter and too much housework!

A year on and I am still no nearer to finding any answers to the dilemmas and difficulties facing working mums in the 21st century. Why do we feel we should have it all? Why are we racked with guilt when we try? Why, if we are working full time, are we still doing most of the childcare and housework?

However, despite not finding answers, (or changing the world), I am finding ways to achieve a balance in my life:

I've stopped applying for extra responsibilities at work, I'm just doing my job to the best of my ability and trying to enjoy it.

Meez 3D avatar avatars games



I've now got daughter coming to school with me so I can be a proper mum taking her to school, picking her up and helping her with her reading and writing.

Meez 3D avatar avatars games


The house is almost finished inside; we've done 10 rooms in two years!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


I've got my working mum strategies re housework, shopping, cooking, etc which seem to be working well.

I'm supplementing my work/wife/mum life with singing, blogging and photography.

Meez 3D avatar avatars games


Now .................

........ I just have to do something about this:



Meez 3D avatar avatars games



23 comments:

Coding Mamma (Tasha) said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Hullaballoo said...

Your meez are amazing, wow.

Being a working mum in the 21st century isn't easy, but it is fulfilling, exciting, varied and life changing.

Wow, you have done so much in the last year. It must be a wonderful family space to live in, with 10 gorgeous rooms completed. And you don't skimp on curtains ;)

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Happiest of Bloggiversaries, WM - And when you say you have to do something about the footie - Are you thinking of taking it up?!

Happy Valentine's Day - If you'd like an Oscar for your Blog, please check out my blog from Friday? x

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

sounds good to me ...but then l cant see any of your images as l'ma tw ork, peeking at blogland..

have a nice weekend...and when l get home l shall access my life too...good way to look at things

fff x

family affairs said...

yes congrats on your first anniversary! Doesn't it go fast? Lxx

Maggie May said...

Happy Blogosversary! You seem to have definitely achieved a good few things.

gigi said...

Happy Blogoversary! and Congratulations!

I can't believe we started blogging so close to the same time. What a difference a year makes and the things that it has brought us. Looking forward to the next year!
Happy Valentine's Day.

Nunhead Mum of One said...

Congratulations! With regards to the football, I've learnt to just let them get on with it! While David is out at Millwall I can get some of the housework done without "help"!

Tara@Sticky Fingers said...

Happy bloggy b'day.
It all goes by so fast doesn't it and when you look back you think 'did I actually write that?'!

Catharine Withenay said...

I love it! Despite all our hard work and best efforts there is always something we cannot change...

ALMOST MRS AVERAGE said...

Happy blogaversery. Time flies when your;re having so much fun :-D x

blogthatmama said...

And I've enjoyed reading it all WM! Just going for a little lie down now...

Mean Mom said...

I think that you're doing admirably and congratulations on blogging for 12 months! When I was working, I don't remember fitting much else in, except housework, washing etc. Oh, I tell a lie. That was when I was working on my dolls' house. How did I fit all that in? I was a bit younger, then, of course. ;0)

auntiegwen said...

Happy Birthday to your blog and if you get it sussed, let me in on the secret, with much love and thanks for letting me share your last year xx

scrappysue said...

it appears all the COOL working mums started their blogs in early feb 08! 'course, only become a 'working mum' tomorrow!!! congrats on a year of fabulous achievements.

word verification says: maticular - is that code for housework is evil?

Moannie said...

Congratulations on all you have achieved whilst being a super blogger this past year. I've jsut reached my six months, am no longer a working mum per se [hence the level of dust, pile of ironing, unread books and unwritten letters] but find blogging has taken over my life; not so much the writing but the reading of the wealth of stories out there [and the commenting, for me the best part]
Love those meez.

Working mum said...

Thank you for all your good wishes on my blogoversary! Long may I blog on!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Happy blogoversary!

Tawny said...

Happy Anniversary! I work too, and it is never easy but great fun all the same

Iota said...

I love the visual aids to your life!

Mr M said...

Keep dreaming! Luv FOH

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

Happy Anniversay/birthday... enjoy half term...

Stacie said...

happy blogoversary, this was a great update, love it!