Monday, 19 January 2009

Well, I'll just...........

I was reading the comments on my last post when I suddenly thought,

"While I'm on t'internet I'll just have a look at those clothes on Boden's website"

Well, you can't see the alternative fabrics properly in the catalogue, can you?

"I'll just add that coat to the basket while I find that skirt I liked"

Well, I may want to have another look at it later.

"I'll just have a look at that top that'll go with my linen trousers in Spring"

Have to think ahead with women's fashions.

"Just add it to the basket for later."

After adding 8 items to the basket I thought, "I'll just save the basket for another day"

Well, I don't want to have to go through all that searching again, do I?

"Oh, you can't save the basket. Perhaps that's because things may go out of stock"

It's a truth universally acknowledged that a Boden catalogue a month old is in want of size 12 items.

"Well, I'll just click on 'checkout' and fill in the offer code. I can just try them on. I don't have to keep them all. They do free returns."

Yeah, right!

16 comments:

auntiegwen said...

Always listen to your inner shopper

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

and size 14 and 16!!!LOL

Maggie May said...

The clothes won over the camera lens then!

gigi said...

Yeah! Good for you!

Potty Mummy said...

Which is why I don't even open those evil little e-mails Johnny sends me...

Mummy Cow said...

Listen to Auntie Gwen - she's right. By the way, thanks for all your supportive comments - you are right (but the phrase pot, kettle, black still comes to mind!). Back at school now. Is snow forecast?!
MC x

Ernest de Cugnac said...

My wife is a Lands End fan (as in fanatic). But same thing, they do returns, any time, any reason, including no reason. And it works.

Amanda said...

Some sites will save your info so you don't even have to bother getting the cards out of the freezer. That's dangerous.

Suburbia said...

Sounds soooooooooo familiar!!!

Catharine Withenay said...

Buying is definitely the easy way of saving .... online, though not on the purse....

Mean Mom said...

You are a woman after my own heart, but it's no longer clothes, with me, it's books. I can't resist them. I haven't dared to go on Amazon for ages, because my mouse finger gets too twitchy.

family affairs said...

So the clothes won for now....maybe just keep a few and you can still afford the lens! Lx

Nunhead Mum of One said...

Oh my, how right you are. Items "saved" in your basket may either not be saved or yes, will out of stock. It's best not to take the risk, trust me.

cheshire wife said...

Too tempting! Online shopping is like being a child in a sweet shop.

Parisgirl said...

Oh Working Mum that's exactly, and I mean exactly, what I did with the Boden website two evenings ago after a couple of glasses of red wine. Put tons of stuff in the basket, couldn't save it, bought the basket. It's going to cost as much to send the stuff back from France as it is to keep it. I think I may have a problem as I do the same thing with books, and eBay!

Working mum said...

Parisgirl - you are making me feel much better; at least it's free returns in the UK!