Sunday, 18 January 2009

Split Personality

Sometimes I think there are two of me in my head. There's the science geek and there's the yummy mummy. What am I enjoying on TV at the moment? "Lark Rise to Candleford" and "Science and Islam"! Bizarre or what?

Take my current thoughts: I have some money I was given for Christmas that I haven't spent yet. It's just for me, not for the house, so I can treat myself. What shall I buy?

The yummy mummy is thinking, "Mmmmm, the new Boden catalogue has just arrived, I really like this":

and "Maybe I can also get one of these?":

Whereas, my inner geek is thinking, "I could get one of these":

"Wow, I could take some good shots with that!"

So inside my head is going a bit like this at the moment:

Clothes and handbag?

Macro lens?

Clothes and handbag!

No, the macro lens!

Clothes!

Lens!


So, who's going to win?

Meez 3D avatar avatars gamesMeez 3D avatar avatars games
Me! No, Me!





17 comments:

Charlie said...

Clothes.... that bag is cute!

Mean Mom said...

I do love the bag, but I prefer something to play with, nowadays, so I would probably go for the lens - if I knew what to do with it, anyway! Will you have more money for your birthday? How long do you have to wait? ;0)

Coding Mamma (Tasha) said...

I would pretty much always go with the geeky one, though I'd love to be able to go with the clothes. My sister recently got me interested in clothes again; unfortunately the taxman is not going to allow me to investigate this further!

Suburbia said...

Don't you just love that split personality?!!

I can't help you decide, it's just as hard for me :)

auntiegwen said...

Buy both, stick one on a credit card. feel good about this as you are helping the economy

Maggie May said...

I also love "Lark Rise to Candleford" though I don't do the science.
However, I would choose the lens because it will outlive the fashion, any day!

Pam said...

I love that purse! I'm for the yummy mummy AND the geek. Get one item now and the next one in a month...or two! Ahhh, why can't we have it all????

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Love both choices, Radley Bags are fab (if a tad overpriced, though) - Only you will know what you would really, really covet WM! Good luck with the choice!

For fab, reasonably priced, totally handmade leather bags, try my 'Bag Lady', Karina Hesketh, karinasbags.co.uk This is not an advert, it is a personal recommendation, and you might still be able to afford the camera bits and pieces...

Iota said...

Chocolate. What about a huge amount of delicious chocolate, spread over the year?

gigi said...

Lens would win!

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit.

If you like reading short stories from an Indian writer, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa
SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
Another Interesting Blog
BIG CITIES OF INDIA

Tawny said...

Inner geek every step of the way. I am not a clothes person though. Geekiness wins for me every time.

Moannie said...

Well the lens looks very...er...big but wouldn't I need a different camera? Like to coat thingey a lot, need something to cover bum. Choices choices!

Sally's Chateau said...

The lens without a doubt !!

Dusty Spider said...

I'd by the lens but then, I've always been a geek and proud of it!

Kareer Woman said...

Great bag!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Get both! Go on... you know you wanna... Stimulate the economy and all that.

I love that jacket.