Thursday, 1 January 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I don't really do New Year. Don't like all that looking back, looking forward stuff; it just depresses me. I prefer to just pottle along making the best of things and enjoying the good times. So last night after we got back from the theatre and put our own Mary Poppins to bed, we just opened a bottle of wine, watched a film on TV and had a few party nibbles, just the two of us.

I'm not averse to a few resolutions, though. Always good to have targets. Hence, here are the resolutions I've made for the members of the Working Mum household:

Daughter
  1. Lean over plate!!
  2. Put one toy away before getting next one out!
  3. Take off wellies before entering house
Husband
  1. A little less football (ha ha ha ha! worth a try!?)
  2. Cook dinner for the two of us once a month (ordering a takeaway doesn't count)
  3. Keep toothpaste inside washbowl (ie not all over worksurface, mirror and window)
Working Mum
  1. Do more photography
  2. Keep a full wine rack (was getting dangerously low before Christmas)
  3. Become a 'yummy mummy' (bit of a tall order, but I can try)

and .............

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
............. Have it all! Obviously!


Happy New Year!

14 comments:

Moannie said...

All perfectly good and attainable goals...good luck with the football one, and the putting toys away, but definately keep those you made for yourself, plus wine one.

Happy New Year.

gigi said...

Good luck with those! Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you!

auntiegwen said...

If you get to have it all, let me in on the secret x

Nicol said...

Happy New Year! Good goals!

Suburbia said...

I'd be happy if I could just sort out the toy one!!

scrappysue said...

excellent goals WM! i have similar ones for daughters 3 and 4:

don't treat the mere mention of exercise as a near and fatal disease.

eat more cereal that resembles sawdust (way to motivate huh?); and

give me an indication you have heard what i said, even if you don't do it.

i don't ask for much. really...

Gary said...

Happy new year! These seem like doable 'resolutions'. I made a few myself but they are rather vague. I'll work out the details as I go along.

Polly said...

Football...never going to happen in this household, it seems it occurs more and more as the years progress.

Good luck with the yummy mummy, I think you will have no trouble!

Sass E-mum said...

Happy new year!

Jacki said...

Those are three things I wish Emma would learn! :-)

Happy New Year!

cheshire wife said...

Good luck with the New Year resolutions and all the best for 2009.

Mean Mom said...

Thanks so much for the award from a few posts ago. Sorry I'm late picking it up. I've been preparing for and looking after visitors over New Year and didn't dare to blog, otherwise nothing would have been done.

I hope that your bronchitis is clearng up.

Your cakes were very impressive! I see that you have a digital photo frame, too! Hours of fun! I love mine even though my photography isn't up to much!

I don't much enjoy New Year. It always seems a lot of fuss about nothing much, to me.

I hope that your New Year resolutions work out! I thought that I might resolve to stop wearing purple and spitting, but then I thought better of it. I've got to have some enjoyment at my time of life.

Reluctant Housewife said...

I was right there with you until #3. Yummy Mommy? Who has time for that kind of upkeep?

Well... good luck with all your resolutions!

Have a great 2009!

A Confused Take That Fan said...

Loving the little lady pic drinking her cocktail! I wish!
Hmm, I would like to have it all too. But if not, be happy with what I have...