Wednesday, 24 December 2008

A time for giving

I received this lovely award recently from the Reluctant Housewife:



These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.


So, I have to choose eight blogs to give to. Well, Sass e-mum and Fat, Frumpy and Fifty already have it. As do Nicole, Gigi and Melipop. Oh, and Suburbia, Family Affairs and Rosiero of Alcoholic Daze.

So that's eight of my favourites gone already, but there are others that haven't received this award yet so I'd like to pass this one on to:

Amanda of Amanda's Life. One of the first blogs I read and a relentlessy happy blogger despite the tragic loss of her sister-in-law this year. Can't believe she hasn't been given this award already!

Auntie Gwen of Auntie Gwen's Diary. Very funny lady with a wicked Scottish (hope that's the right adjective, AG) sense of humour. Often blogs tales of being drunkety, drunk, drunk drunk!

Dusty Spider. Lovely lady who makes you feel welcome. Go on, take your duster along. Flick!

Mean, Moody Middle-Aged Mom
. Wicked sense of humour and a joy to read. I always imagine her wearing purple and spitting!

The Mother of this Lot at Mother's Pride. How does this woman keep her sense of humour in the face of five daughters and the Father of this Lot?

Scrappy Sue of My Home Wellington Town. I just love her picture stories of life in NZ with her gorgeous daughters.

Maggie May from Nuts in May. Another lovely lady. I enjoy her Photostory Fridays and her tales of childhood.

SuzySoo from Soo's Stuff. A hard working mother, studying for her degree while coping with what life throws at her.


Now, as it is the season for giving, I thought I would also sprinkle a few of my 'Blog of Distinction' Awards:


For those of you that didn't read my blog when I created the award, click here to find out how I did it. There are quite a few sprinkled around the blogsphere now, but I don't think the following have one yet:

Bringing up Charlie
Tales of an ex-teacher and full-time dad

Ladybird World Mother
As she so succinctly puts it 'No bollocks, just life'

A working mother's chatter
Tales of life down under

Single Parent Dad
Blogging sensitively about raising his son after being widowed

Sticky Fingers

Tara, of From Dawn till Rusk, goes it alone (ie after leaving the Coventry Telegraph) with her new blog



So, go ahead, pick it up and remember to pass it on to five blogs that make you think, cry, laugh or sigh.

Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

auntiegwen said...

Why thank you, I'm very flattered, I'm glad my headmaster and my mammy don't read it, they would despair even more !

Have a great Christmas x

The Dotterel said...

How kind - Christmas has come early! Thank you, and a very merry Christmas.

Maggie May said...

Many thanks W M! That is so kind to give me a mention!

Happy Christmas.

gigi said...

Congratulations everyone and Merry Christmas! (Hope you aren't coughing.)

Ernest de Cugnac said...

Christmas. Always a time that threatens to push one over the verge. Hoping you can cling on!

Suzysoo said...

Thank you so much WM. I am so honoured, yet again, to receive another award from you.

What a lovely Christmas present.I am truly grateful. Bless you. Merry Christmas xx

Dusty Spider said...

Thanks so much for the award Working Mum. Much appreciated. Flick xx

Amanda said...

Thank you very much for thinking of me. Heart ya!! Hopefully, I'll be able to wade through all of our Christmas mess and come back to blogging soon.

Ladybird World Mother said...

Thank you thank you WM! Am bloomin' thrilled to bits. Happy New Year and all to you. May it be filled with fun and friends! XX

scrappysue said...

hey thanks! i actually got this award from reluctant, but have been SO SLACK i didn't pass it on! i PROMISE to this time tho!!!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Yay for awards and bloggy friends... and distinction!

Polly said...

Oh goodness gracious me, my first ever blog award, Im feeling very flattered and ever so grateful. Thankyou so much.