Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!

We're off to see Cameron Mackintosh's "Mary Poppins" today at the Palace Theatre. I love the theatre and hope that daughter will too. Last Christmas was the first time we took her to the theatre; we went to see Bill Kenwright's production of "Scrooge!" We weren't sure what she would make of it or even if she would sit still, but it was a revelation to her.

At first she sat on my knee as she didn't like the ghosts.

"Uh oh, this is a mistake" I thought.

Gradually, she became engrossed in the songs, the dancing and the story.

Slowly she started to rise up as she became more and more involved in the story.

At the end she was on her feet, clutching the seat in front.

Eventually, Scrooge came out on Christmas Day and started buying presents for the children.

Daughter stood on tip toe, wide eyed with excitement, and shouted loudly enough for all the stalls to hear:

"MUMMY! HE LIKES CHRISTMAS NOW!!"

Wonder what she'll make of Mary Poppins, then?

PS Just come back from the theatre. Mary Poppins was fab! Quite different from the film with fabulous dancing and new songs. Daughter sang "Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" all the way home on the tram! Think she liked it.

11 comments:

Single Parent Dad said...

'Where do I get one of those umbrellas' perhaps?

gigi said...

Oh! How Fun! Yall enjoy and Blessings on your New Year!

auntiegwen said...

I hope you have a brilliant time x

I'm too hungover to try and spell super me whotsit ocious !

echoeve said...

I love that you are taking her to something so great.

I would like to take the kids to see Annie and Wicked this year.

The dancers in my family really want to go to the ballet, but I am afraid they will not like it as much as they think.

cheshire wife said...

I hope that she enjoys the magic of it.

A Happy New Year to you and your family.

Reluctant Housewife said...

That's so cute! I hope she loves Mary Poppins.

Nicol said...

That's great! We love the theater and I can't wait until Livy is old enough to go with us!

scrappysue said...

what fun! i love the theatre

Maggie May said...

So glad it all went well and that daughter had a good time.

Suburbia said...

Awwww, so glad she had a good time!

GoneBackSouth said...

Lucky you and her! Theatre is wonderful, kids find it magical.
Happy new year to you!