Saturday, 20 December 2008

Nearly there!

Well, we broke up for Christmas on Wednesday. Yay! Three weeks of holiday to rest, relax and eat chocolate. Well, that's what Christmas is for, isn't it?

I pursuaded daughter to come last minute shopping on Thursday (bribed with a hot chocolate with marshmallows in Lakeland's cafe) and now we're nearly done. Cards sent, house decorated, presents wrapped. Just the Christmas cake to ice and decorate.

We had a lovely, lazy morning this morning and then at 11am husband asked, "Shall I clean the bathrooms or go to the travel agents' and investigate a summer holiday?"

Remember? He said we're going abroad next year. I said he had to organise it.

"Whichever you wish, my love" I replied, not caring about either as I coughed myself into oblivion.

So what did he choose?
Sitting on the sofa watching CBeebies with daughter!

8 comments:

Casdok said...

Why am i not surprised!!
Hope you get your holiday AND clean bathrooms!

Suburbia said...

Gosh you are organised AND you have been ill! What have I been doing???

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

Lovely l think we should have some tree pictures..l think l'll start it off tonight!!

I do deel christmasy now the tree is up!!

Working mum said...

Casdok - Thank you, and a merry christmas to you and C

Suburbia - internet shopping and e-cards, that's how I've survived this Christmas!

FFF - Yes, more trees please!

Moannie said...

Oh yes, both. Sounds like a keeper to me.

My tree is on my Darling bodger strikes again post.

Happy Christmas.

Maggie May said...

Sounds like a typical man when it comes to putting into action the things that are promised!
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas....... just relax!

gigi said...

Isn't that sweet to choose Izzy over anything else. He'll be glad one day because they grow up so fast.

Working mum said...

Gigi - I agree, I found it sweet. I really couldn't care about bathrooms or holidays at the moment.

Maggie - Later he cleaned both bathrooms, went to the Travel Agents' and made me a cup of tea. He was redeemed.