Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Falling into the abyss

I hate November.

November should be a month of snuggling up by the fire, eating toffee apples and of course, Bonfire Night. It's a time for battening down the hatches and spending evenings with your loved ones watching BBC dramas or reading a good book.

Not for Working Mum.

November is the busiest time in the academic year.

It's another Open Evening, Open Morning (on a Saturday), three Parents' Evenings (including one tonight), one Sixth Form Information Evening and attending the School Play. Combine this with internal school exams to be written and marked, then 120 reports to be written, all on top of a normal 60 hour a week teaching load! Oh, and I have to finish writing the school Entrance Exam and get it to the printers by 10 December as well.


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

I look remarkably calm considering, don't I?

This is the nadir to the Summer Holiday's zenith, it keeps the balance, for every yin there is a yang..............

At this point in the year I consider moving into school; I might as well live there. Instead, I book all my shopping on-line for delivery (TGFT) and ignore the build up of mess, dirt and laundry.

Blogging may have to take a back seat.

I will emerge sometime in early December just in time for the Christmas mayhem!





21 comments:

blogthatmama said...

Good luck, sounds exhausting!

CC said...

Ha! You know that December will be even worse!!!

auntiegwen said...

I hear you, very similar story to me.

I gave up TV and at this time of year running also gets given up so that saves me a few hours a week.

The summer holidays seem so very long ago !

Oh I also don't change my alarm clock when the clocks go back and that gets me an extra hour in the mornings, usually spent blogging !

Maggie May said...

Its back to school for us today!
I hate November too. Everything seems bleak and cold & murky!
Once the shortest day is over, things look brighter. Hey HO!

The Dotterel said...

The weather doesn't help, either. (Don't wish to sound the slightest bit smug, but you do forget very quickly what an awful term this is!)

Reluctant Housewife said...

Good luck with it all!

Suburbia said...

Dare I mention Christmas shopping?!!
Your 'meeze' looks like it's swaying around like the old polar bear at Bristol Zoo, a sorry sight ;)
Hope it isn't as bad as you are expecting though I have to addmit it doesn't look good!!
Take care of yourself and see you soon when you emerge as a beautiful butterfly ;)

Mean Mom said...

That sounds very tough! Sounds like you've got the right idea with the shopping and housework, though. Hope you get through it all OK.

At least you won't have time to look up and see how depressing, gloomy and dark it is!

Stacie said...

Yes, I want my Novembers to be as you described, snuggle up by a fire, movies and toffee anything.

good luck with your busy schedule, I hope you fit SOME blogging time in there. :)

Amanda said...

Well, bless your heart. You are overwhelmed, aren't you? I can't imagine how you will fit everything in. It's funny that I checked your blog and found this because I've been pondering all day about what I will have to let go in order to get everything done. Good Luck!!!

scrappysue said...

teachers are angels. that's all there is too it

Polly said...

And exactly one of the reasons why this non teaching teacher, relishes the non-teaching part of that above statement!

Tara said...

I'll be thinking of you when I'm sat infront of my son's teacher for parent's evening next week!

We don't mind you going all hedgehog on us . . .

cheshire wife said...

You sound pretty organised. I am sure that everything will work out fine and it will soon be Christmas!

Gwen said...

November in the UK does sound busy!

Here in the US, it's all Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving and teacher institute days and report card pick-up. Kind of easy, actually. Perhaps you should consider moving? (just kidding).

Ladybird World Mum said...

Understand totally. Bloody nightmare. No longer doing what you do, but co-run little pre-school. No exams, no reports, no stress. Oh but we do have the Nativity Play. Does that count????!
And Ofsted. Just been. Phew.
Keep going, girl. Think of your summer zenith.

Adventure Mother said...

Sounds exhausting. Are you sure you will emerge for Christmas or just hibernate throughout the festivities?

gigi said...

Good grief, lady. You make me so tired. Hopefully it will pass quickly.

Casdok said...

Good luck working mum! Will soon be christmas!!!

womaninawindow said...

I was stuck there on your first paragraph thinking how lovely it all sounded. Sorry for your loss, erm, November.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I totally feel ya girl (and yes you DO look calm in that avatar). :0

Seriously, enjoy that time away!