Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Strictly Working Mum

I'm Working Mum and I'm a "Strictly Come Dancing" addict:

Meez 3D avatar avatars games


(Notice my lovely new lounge)

Unfortunately I seem to have inflicted my obsession on my daughter. I tape the Saturday show and we watch it together on a Sunday. Daughter loves the dresses, the dancing, the music, the whole spectacle. I get a bit frustrated at the camera work as I would like to see the actual dances, but bascially


I ........... LOVE .......... IT!


We then watch "Strictly It Takes Two" every night of the week while daughter has her milk and I have a nice cup of tea (ocasionally chocolate is also involved).

Last night while we were watching "It Takes Two" daughter lined up three teddies next to me and gave us each a flash card.



You know what's coming don't you?


Yes, she pranced about a bit, did a forward roll (her new thing) and then looked at me and the teddies expectantly and said (in her best Alan Dedicot voice):



"Would the judges please reveal their scores?"


15 comments:

gigi said...

That is hilarious!! I love it! I love dancing too and I love to watch it, any kind any where. Way to go little dancer.

Maggie May said...

Yes, I give it 10! Love it!

auntiegwen said...

I am the only woman I know who doesn't watch TV at all ! all my co teachers are addicted too, even 2 of the men !

echoeve said...

I think that is so sweet.

My Bethany used to say
'You're Fired' hee hee

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Yeah, I give this post a 10 too! I have to admit I'm always giggling at Cloris' dance (especially when her wig came off). Oy!

Suzysoo said...

How big is that telly?!!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

The grand wee lass. What a darling! She must be the cutest thing.

Mom/Mum said...

Very funny. I used to love this show when in UK. I miss it. We have Dancing With The Stars on abc over here, but it's not the same if you ask me..

Suburbia said...

Ha! Don't you worry at these times that they are watching too much telly?!!!!
Tall Girl used to love the dancing and dresses but has progressed to the X Factor now!

Nunhead Mum of One said...

I trust that the teddies didn't take on the role of dastardly villain Craig Revell Horwood (or Craig Really Horrible as he's known in our house).....Mac has decided that he wants to do "that mummy?" "Do what?" I asked him, imagining he wants to be either a dancer, singer, muscian or judge. He pointed at the screen, inches away from it.

It appears he wants to be Tess Daly

blogthatmama said...

Working Mum I'm with you, even on It Takes Two, it's my shameful secret. I absolutely love it but who are you tipping to win this year?

Polly said...

I hope you gave her a 10!

Can Bass 1 said...

I'm afraid the mysteries of ballroom dancing remain just that for me, and so I never watch the programme. Glad you like it, though. Felicia loves it.

Working mum said...

Suzysoo - thank goodness my real telly isn't that big!

Nunhead Mum - blue bear was the nasty judge, she thought it was hysterical!

Blogthatmama - Austin for me!!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

A lovely post - and your new lounge looks wonderful. I'm terribly envious of the way you get it all on your Blog - moving and dancing too! V. impressive.