Saturday, 25 October 2008

Hurray for Half Term

This week is mine and daughter's Half Term Holiday. I've tried not to fill up the week with lots of jobs this time, but there are some imperatives:

  1. Take my car for service and MOT (it's also making a sound like a WWII Spitfire, which I'm guessing isn't good)
  2. Take daughter to three, yes three, parties dotted around South Manchester - anyone know where Reddish Vale Farm is?
  3. Clear out daughter's bedroom so electricians can put lights into lounge (they need to get under the floor in her room) and then put back half of the toys while surreptitiously sending the rest to a charity shop
  4. Alter lounge curtains (I brought the ones from our old house with us and they are too long)
  5. Take daughter to my parents' for two nights.
  6. Sing in an Opera Gala at the Bridgewater Hall
  7. Write school Entrance Exam
Did you notice number 5? Two nights and an entire day without being mithered!

What will I do with myself?

Well, there'll be lots of this:

Meez 3D avatar avatars games


and this:

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

and this:

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Hurray for Half Term!

14 comments:

Maggie May said...

That's a good old Northern saying that you don't get here, mithered! People here wouldn't know what you meant. It is lovely to here it again as my mum used to tell me off for mithering her and it brings back memories. I will introduce it to the granddaughters!

Have a lovely break and enjoy your singing. Sounds like your going to be very busy! But it is a good type of busyness away from the school. I am going to visit my daughter tomorrow & the grandsons. Maybe I will teach them about mithering too!

The Dotterel said...

You'll be glad to get back to school for a rest!

gigi said...

Hope you enjoy yourself very much! You deserve it little mama!

Mean Mom said...

Good luck with that, then! Sounds like enough jobs to fill a fortnight, to me. Hope you've allowed the odd minute to put your feet up!

What's that you're drinking in the large glass? It looks good!

Suzysoo said...

Haha-Mithered-not heard that one for a while!

Sounds like quite a manic half term for you still though. Try and get all the stuff done while Izzy is there so that when she does go off you can relax properly.

Have a good one.

Claire Sutton said...

I'm taking a wild guess here but Reddish near Stockport seems to be the obvious location, maybe too obvious though! Don't they have a website?

More to the point, why didn't the parent of birthday child put the address on the invites???

Working mum said...

Glad you liked 'mithered'! Might have to introduce more Nothern sayings: "Fell off a flittin'" for example.

Mean Mom - Singapore Sling! Gorgeous!

Claire - You're right, we looked it up on the website. Poured down all day, but didn't stop Izzy enjoying holding and feeding the animals.

cheshire wife said...

Sounds like you have a busy week. Hope you manage to get everything done and have some time to yourself.

Amanda said...

Yes, I stopped at number 5 for a few seconds and thought of how wonderful that will be for you. Enjoy!!

Stacie said...

lol...hope you enjoyed your time!

Reluctant Housewife said...

I'd do the same three things with two nights off! Fun.

scrappysue said...

so how was your child-free time? i look so sad at the bottom of your blogroll. i can't believe how unbelievably SLACK blogger is!!!

A Confused Take That Fan said...

Hope you are enjoying half term. Very jealous of your ywo nights and entire day without being mithered. I am on half term too and am absolutely fed up of being mithered...!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

I'm so impressed with your skills, and those great cartoon "you's". Half Term is such a treat. M xx