Wednesday, 15 October 2008

2007 Headache

I'm talking about Office 2007. Everyone seems to be updating to Office 2007 except me and it's causing me a lot of headaches.

Our choir secretary has sent us the list of music for Saturday's concert and directions to the venue by e-mail attaching a Word 2007 document which I can't open.

Don't know what I'm singing; don't know where to go!

At work they have suddenly updated the Office suite on the network to Office 2007. I have wasted so much time in lessons this week trying to get to grips with 2007 as I use my (prepared in Office 2003) lesson material on my Interactive Whiteboard!

I've tried using the "Help" button, but if they (Microsoft) are going to change the names of the functions it isn't going to "help", is it?

Who knew that 'View Full Screen' is now 'Minimise the Ribbon'?
Now, any ideas how to select a shape, group it and rotate it?

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Of course that isn't me at home because I'm stuck at school today until 9.30pm for Open Evening - thank goodness the system manager has allowed me access to my blog!

8 comments:

Jacki said...

I use Word 2007 every day....just ask me what you need to know!

Suburbia said...

Hope your parents evening goes ok. It's so anoying when 'they' change things isn't it?!

Can Bass 1 said...

My dear lady, you have my sympathy. Try Apple!

The Dotterel said...

We've just done the round of open evenings with Sally - you have my sympathy!

Mean Mom said...

Microsoft are more than happy to take advantage of their monopoly. They are greedy and bully us shamelessly into paying for much the same product, over and over again.

'Minimise the ribbon'???

If you want to, you can download a microsoft office compatibility pack from the microsoft website, which will allow you to open 2007 word, excel and powerpoint docs, in office 2000 and office 2003. I have read that this is possible, but I haven't tried it. You would, at least, be able to find out where you are supposed to be singing etc!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

We went to 2007 awhile ago now and I promise, with time, it does get easier. Then again, who has time right? :)

Claire Sutton said...

I absolutely hate it when this happens, there's nothing more frustrating. MS should make it that you can at least open the document to read the damn thing even if you haven't got the whole works!

Hope you're all well and looking forward to the half term!

Reluctant Housewife said...

They changed "view full screen" to "Minimise the Ribbon"?

I can picture that meeting...

"How can we make this much harder for people to use?"

"Hmmmm..."

"I know! Let's use complicated terminology for all the functions! We'll change the name of every one of them so that people have to guess what they do!"

"Yeah! That's perfect. Let's do it! People are going to be so confused... This is going to be hilarious!"