Monday, 29 September 2008

WMS strikes again

I've been back at work for three and a half weeks and I've got a stinker of a cold. I'm the fourth person in our department to have it, so I guess I did quite well to last this long. I'm now struggling with watery eyes, sneezing and a very sore and tickly throat.

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

(See me struggling?)

I've suffered lack of sleep because of the tickly throat and I am now aching all over and feeling very sorry for myself....... and not a little annoyed at the thought of this being the start of another academic year of illness.

I am ashamed to admit that in my weak and feeble state I have had less patience with daughter this evening. I even got a little ratty when she was taking too long to do things.

She put me in my place though when she looked at me earnestly and said,

"Remember mummy, I'm new to this family"

Consider me chastened!

18 comments:

scrappysue said...

oh, she's a wise one! take care and get well soon!

Suburbia said...

Oh wow what a fab comment!! Bless her. It's hard when you're not feeling up to scratch and you have less patience than normal. It happens to us all!

Small Sprog is laid low with his second cold of the term (already) He believes that if you 'give someone a cold' you acctually get rid of it yourself!!No doubt he'll pass it on in time!

Hope you feel better soon :)

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Ah get better soon!

Reluctant Housewife said...

You too, eh? Feel better soon.

"I'm new to this family." So funny.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh she IS a genius already. NOW GO feel better!

auntiegwen said...

I'm just getting over my cold ! make sure you keep the Izzy isms, they'll come in useful for when she's a less cute teenager !

The Griffis 4 said...

hope you feel better soon! I hate feeling that way!

Stacie said...

lol...she is a smart one!

LifeBehindTheCoach.com said...

Hi working Mum

Awesome comment from your daughter and awesome moving picture - hope you don't mind me using it to illustrate exactly how I felt yesterday but it was spot on! I've linked back to you - simply perfect - get well soon!

Working mum said...

I don't know where she gets these thoughts from!

Auntie Gwen - one of the reasons for my blog is to record these Izzyisms, definiitely keeping them.

Lynette - no problem at all! If you click on the avatar you can go to Meez.com and make lots of them! I'm addicted!

A Confused Take That Fan said...

Like how your little one put you in your place!
Hope you feel better soon. We ae are heading into the season of snot...

cheshire wife said...

Hope you will be feeling better soon.

How long does 'new' last for - she is nearly five isn't she?

blogthatmama said...

Hope you feel much much better soon!

Mom/Mum said...

Oh she's smart beyond her years isn't she?!
Hope you feel better soon!

Can Bass 1 said...

Oh my dear, how awful. If it's any consolation, you are not alone. I had to book a dep last Sunday, I was so out of sorts. And that costs money!

Sally's Chateau said...

Hi WM, my two always come home with colds as soon as they start a new term, despite gorgeous weather the heating is on and windows firmly closed.

Don Mills Diva said...

That's an awesome line!

Hope you're feeling better by now.

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Poor you. I'm feeling very lucky to be well at the mo. Bless that little Daughter. M xx