Sunday, 7 September 2008

Who's decision is it anyway?

Do you remember my sofa dilemma?

Well, I didn't choose either of those.

Chickpea and a couple of my friends suggested M&S. Well, as luck would have it, they've built a new M&S Home store at the Trafford Centre, so I didn't need too much pursuading to go and have a look.

Guess what? I found one I liked!!

I've ordered two 'Fenton' sofas in 'Ullswater Floral Cream' fabric. (I know, 'cream', what am I thinking of?) They should be here in five weeks!


To go with them I've bought the classic Ikea Poang armchair and footstool:

As I was choosing my cushions for the Poang, Izzy found the Children's Poang; a scaled down version of the adult one.

She settled herself in it and said,

"Bouncy chair, mummy. Can I have one? Pleeeeeese?"

I must admit it was very cute. Her own little Poang. Must admit also that my second thought was "It'll keep her and her sticky fingers off the new sofas".

I turned to husband and said, "What do you think? Shall we get her one?"

Whereupon six complete strangers who were also shopping in Ikea turned to me and yelled:

"YES!"



What do you think we did?

9 comments:

gigi said...

I don't know that getting her, her own chair will keep her off yours, buuutt, you just can't help buying things for precious children. I love IKEA! I have the same chair in a black and white print. Can't wait to see pictures of your new sofas! I know you must be so excited! YEA!!

Nicol said...

Love Ikea!

It's always nice to get new furniture, especially ones that you like!

The Dotterel said...

Do you know, I read that first as 'sol fa'. I thought, surely not in t'Manchester Chorale? Must have been reading too much Can Bass!

Claire Sutton said...

Oooh I love Ikea and it's so great when you have little kids. The price is so good that you don't freak as much when it gets painted, has sticky finger prints or is bashed by a lightsabre!

A Confused Take That Fan said...

Hi WMOTV - nice chairs.
I have an award for you over at mine. Ciao
x

The Mom Bomb, a/k/a Folksy Mama said...

I'm thinking your little girl charmed the pants off all those IKEA shoppers. . .

scrappysue said...

sucummbed to the peer/public pressure! but you were going to anyway right? you wouldn't be swaped by public opinion! it looks REALLY comfy! pics now plse!!!

Maggie May said...

I love Ikea and the chairs are great!
They design those stores so you can't find your way out, and you just see more & more that you want to buy.
Love the idea of the small chair to match!

blogthatmama said...

I think you bought it for her! Blogthatmamax