Friday, 5 September 2008

Photostory Friday - Eight down, two to go

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



As you know, we are "doing up the house". In the past two years we have renovated seven rooms and done much work to the outside of the house and the gardens. This year's projects are the Patio, the Master Bedroom and the Lounge. I've already shown you the patio; we haven't used it much due to the worst August weather on record! However, we have now finished the Master Bedroom. Yay!!

So for Photostory Friday I thought I would do some before and after photos so you can appreciate the transformation.

Our room has gone from this:

(Lovely 1970's plywood and glass wall)

to this:

(super smooth plaster wall)

and from this:

(notice the cardboard boxes as bedside cabinets since most of our furniture was in storage)


to this:

(love that Raspberry Diva paint!)

and from this:

(it was basically a bedsit for the first six months we lived here while we tackled other rooms)


to this:


Ta dah!!!

I'm loving it!!!!!

21 comments:

Shellie said...

That looks nice! It's amazing what a new paint job can do for a room!

cheshire wife said...

What a transformation. Love the raspberry colour but would not be bold enough to use it myself.

Nicol said...

It looks great! I love the raspberry paint! It's odd how the master bedroom tends to be one of the last rooms to complete. We only finished our room this year.

Cecily R said...

Love love love the changes you have made!!! Your bedroom looks like a wonderful place to relax. Beautiful!

Sass E-mum said...

Ah, rooms for sleeping. I love those.

Washing lines seem to spoil things. Though why you took out the interior window, I don't know...;)

Suburbia said...

Oh! I love the pink paint!

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

congrats!! Looks awesome!

gigi said...

Wow! I love it, that was a lot of hard work, I know! We remodeled our kitchen last year and I almost went NUTS! I love your colors! I know you are so excited.

sally said...

Hi - how do we contact WMOTV?

We're nice people from Talking Tots, and we'd like to have a chat!

Potty Mummy said...

Well done Wm, it all looks gorgeous, you deserve to be proud of your hard work. And so glad your daughter's first day at school went well. Boy #1 had his first day without crying today. Yay!

Sharon said...

Great job! I'm totally impressed. Looks like a lot of work, but it looks really good.

Reluctant Housewife said...

What a lovely cosy room. I love your pink wall.

Chris said...

That looks fantastic! I really admire that kind of work. I can relate to the cardboard box furniture. We've often used milk crates.

Claire Sutton said...

Are you up in the loft space here or is it a really unusual room with the steps down into it and the sloping roof?

Love it anyway and you must feel so relaxed in here now!

Susan said...

Looks wonderful! Hope you are enjoying it.

Working mum said...

Sally - try carol.workingmum@googlemail.com

Potty Mummy - Yay! Glad it went well for you too.

Claire - No, it's not in the loft, it's in the extension above the garage. It was very cleverly designed by an architect and I love it! We still have two lofts ripe for conversion - Andy wants a football room (to watch games) and a model railway room (don't ask!).

Maggie May said...

Wonderful job you have done there,WM. Sounds like fun doing things up from scratch.

MamaGeek said...

THAT is downright AWESOME! Seriously, HGTV should offer you a little show. :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Looks great ! Good job.

scrappysue said...

just promise me you won't sell the house after all your years of hard labour! why do people do that?

CC said...

Awesome job! the drying rack reminds me slightly of my recent post! ;)