Saturday, 27 September 2008

Mum Vouchers - every mum should have some!

Well, it's been a busy week in the Working Mum house.

I'm drowning under a sea of marking from school (due to our homework timetable which was devised independently of the lesson timetable - therein lies a tale). There was the choir rehearsal stress on Tuesday. Husband was away for two days at a football tournament, back for one night (enough to fill the wash basket and untidy the house, how does he do that?) then away for two days with work.

Daughter has been assessed and placed on the 'fast track' reading programme at school (this is our punishment for learning our Jolly Phonics last year). So now I have to spend more time with her learning 'blends' and 'key words'. (I thought we could coast the Jolly Phonics stage this term, but no, individualised learning put paid to that!)

Oh, and of course, I've had to fit in "Strictly - It Takes Two" each night at 6.30pm.

However, husband was not working today (unusually) so I used one of my "mum vouchers". A while ago, when I had forgotten who I used to be, husband printed a sheet of vouchers for me to use to have some "me time". You have to present voucher to husband at least a week in advance, but he will take over the reins for a prescribed amount of time. I recommend them!

Husband has to entertain daughter all day, wait in for new sofas to be delivered, take her to the library to change her books and do the Tesco shop.

I get to go shopping - with my mum. The new Home section of The Trafford Centre awaits. I'm hoping to get lots of lovely things for my new lounge. Lunch out courtesy of Tesco vouchers (TGFT). Then an afternoon of trying on clothes without chasing after daughter through changing rooms in my underwear. Time to peruse the latest collections without daughter shouting "This is BORING". Maybe even some new make-up?!

Time for me, me, me!


Yaaaay!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Have fun! Sounds like a great day you have ahead of you. I need some mum vouchers.

gigi said...

Well, I think youdeserve it after baking your own birthday cake!! Enjoy your ME time :)

Claire Sutton said...

That sounds like bliss! Please can your husband have a word with my husband and persuade him to give me said vouchers?!

Lehners in France said...

What a great idea. You should market "Mum Vouchers," I am sure there are lots of Mums out there who need them too. Debs x Bon weekend.

farming-frenchstyle said...

Mum Vouchers - what a great idea. I suppose if they were called "Me-Time Vouchers" they would be banned. Hope you had a lovely day.

rosiero said...

Make the most of your Me-time. I think I shall get some of those vouchers printed off!! By the way i have just noticed that you referred to Keats in your last post - must have been telepathy, as I mentioned it yesterday.

Mean Mom said...

Mum vouchers. What a good idea. I wish I'd thought of that, when my 3 lads were younger.

I hope that you had a great time, today!

Suzysoo said...

Congratulations! Enjoy. About time too! xx

Maggie May said...

Hope you enjoyed the "me" time and got all the things you wanted.
Only thing wrong with the voucher scheme was the two week advance warning. How do you know what you will feel like doing in two weeks?

scrappysue said...

well, you certainly deserve some "ME" time! can't wait to hear about your day. ejoy

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

WOW - I need to get some of those vouchers!!!!!!!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Mum vouchers, what a very good idea. Something to look forward to.
M xx