Tuesday, 23 September 2008

Izzy the Physi

So, remember that sore shoulder I had? It turns out it's my neck.

Thanks to BUPA I got an appointment with a physio the day after seeing my GP. Unfortunately, I had to take daughter with me as I couldn't get an appointment later in the evening and husband wasn't home in time to do babysitting duty. Luckily, she thought it was great fun and joined in with the exercises, much to the amusement of the physio.

Physio lady pummelled and pushed my vertebrae until I was in so much pain I was nearly in tears, but having daughter with me, I put a brave face on it. Turns out that my neck is so stiff that pains are shooting down my neck and across my shoulder. Probably the result of painting 60 litres of paint over the summer holidays!

After lots of 'manipulation' and evaluation she gave me some exercises to do and an appointment for next week to see how I'm doing. Unfortunately, by the time I got daughter home, bathed and in bed I'd forgotten what the exercises were.

Luckily, I asked daughter next day what the nice physio lady had asked me to do and she demonstrated the three exercises beautifully!

She also added, "And remember, mummy, no twisting!"

Yes, thank you darling!

12 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Oh yes the physio - I had an injury to my back that was agony. These guys are miracle workers and I would have had his babies when he fixed my back even though he had a face like a burst ball!

Hope you are feelimg better.

gigi said...

What a bright child! But then we all knew that already. It makes you wonder how much other stuff she picks up? Maybe you should asked her more often :)
Sorry about your neck. I use ice packs alot. Maybe that would help.

WORKING MOM said...

No twisting mummy. THat is cute. Like you could twist anyway. Glad that you could get some help, even though it will take a few days to fell better.

Maggie May said...

Oh dear, probably is through all the painting. Glad I'm not the only one who tends to forget the important things like the instructions for the exercises. Hope it improves. Your daughter sounds on the ball with it anyway.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh wow, that sounds painful. I'm glad you got in though. Be sure to rest up and she's RIGHT! No twisting (how CUTE).

GoneBackSouth said...

Ouch. Hope that feels better soon.

auntiegwen said...

What would we do without them? I'm sure my children have absorbed my memory in the giving birth process as I now can remember nothing but they can remember everything esp if it was a placatory promise made in a moment of rashness.
" But Mummy you said if I tidied my room, ate my broccoli, stopped sucking my thumb, I could have a dog/rabbit/gift that will cost a month's salary! "

scrappysue said...

i went to the osteo the other day for a bad neck too! nothing worse than a pain in the neck! hope ur feeling better, and that cupcake book looks delish! can't wait to see some cupcake action!

despite what blogger says, i'm still updating!!!

The Dotterel said...

Thank heaven's for BUPA, eh? You's have probably been waiting this time next year for a physio on the NHS!

cheshire wife said...

Sorry, I forgot to mention the down side to painting. I too have had problems with my neck from too much painting. My osteopath is very good but I am not a very good patient as I kept on painting through the pain and undoing her good work. Having a break from painting and doing some gardening gave my neck a chance to put itself right.

cheshire wife said...

Comment Part 2

Sorry I should have added take a break from painting and I hope that your neck will be better soon.

Reluctant Housewife said...

So great to have a bright kid. I hope your neck feels better soon! Nothing's worse than a sore neck.