Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Happy Birthday to me!


So tomorrow is my birthday. Rubbish day for a birthday, Thursday. Especially as I am teaching all day, have a form tutors' meeting at lunchtime and have to go back to school in the evening for an 'Information Evening'. That's ten hours of school and two hours of birthday! I'm thinking of having a second one on Saturday, like the Queen!

Anyway, it is traditional in our department that the birthday boy or girl brings cake for the rest of the department. Usually I dash into Tesco (TGFT) on the way to work and pick up two of their Finest sponge cakes. (Husband dashes into Tesco on his way home from work to buy me a birthday cake). However, this year I decided to make a lemon drizzle cake since our regular lemon drizzle cake supply has been lost due to the retirement of our old Head of Department (his wife baked the cakes).

I mentioned to husband and daughter at the weekend that I was going to bake a lemon drizzle cake for work.


"What, no lemon drizzle cake for us?" was the cry.


"Bake an extra one so we can have some"


So tonight I made two lemon drizzle cakes.
Hang on, you know what this means ...............


........they've tricked me into making my own birthday cake!!!

17 comments:

gigi said...

Shame on them! I'm all for celebrating like the Queen!! You deserve a 2nd day to really celebrate! Happy Birthday to you!!

Claire Sutton said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one despite the extra work!

scrappysue said...

now THAT'S harsh! no-one should EVER have to make their own birthday cake! i hope you have a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL birthday - work or not. post pics!!! get spoilt!!!

The Dotterel said...

Happy birthday to you! (And enjoy the cakes!)

Working mum said...

Thank you all for your best wishes.

Claire - thank you for the card - very apt! I am ashamed that you manage to send cards on time from Australia and I still have your anniversary card sitting on the desk in the study. Happy Anniversay!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Working Mum!! I never get a cake. I guess my husband's family wasn't that into it.

Angel said...

I hope you had a lovely birthday. Shame on them for tricking you!

We love Lemon drizzle in our house-I always have to make one and freeze one!

warm wishes

Nicol said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it is everything that you dreamed it would be and more!

Tara@From Dawn Till Rusk said...

Well you could have at least made a third one and passed it around . . .

Adventure Mother said...

I get that all the time, "What about me!". Hope you have a very happy birthday and an even better "Queens" birthday on Saturday!

auntiegwen said...

Happy happy birthday love from auntiegwen, himself and the children xxxx

Maggie May said...

Happy Birthday belatedly! HOpe you enjoyed the lemon drizzle cake. Sounds delicious!

blogthatmama said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday! Hope you had a good one and that the lemon drizzle cake was delicious.

gigi said...

Did your birthday turn out okay?? Hope your were pampered at least a little.

Should you ever want to share the recipe for that Lemon drizzle cake, I'd love to have it, hint, hint!

Jacki said...

Happy Birthday!

Kareer Woman said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

family affairs said...

Happy belated birthday - not sure "fine" is good enough though!!! You need "fantastic" x