Thursday, 4 September 2008

The Big Day arrived

I have to admit that husband was right. Daughter was fine on her first day at school. In fact, we both were. No tears on either side!

On the way there she questioned my driving:

"Is this the way to school?"

"Yes"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Are you going the right way?"

"I've been going this way for ten years, Izzy. Believe me, it's right"

Then, after I'd helped her find her peg, drop off her snack bag and find something to play with in the classroom, that was that! Not even a backward glance!

When I collected her from After Care at 4pm she ignored me while she finished her drink and biscuit. Then she announced that she was a bit disappointed.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we didn't do PE or swimming!"

"No, not on your first day sweetheart"

8 comments:

Nicol said...

That's great! Hopefully she will keep up the good attitude and look forward to the many days of PE ahead of her.

A Confused Take That Fan said...

Aah PE is always a favourite subject, right up until the point you leave school.

Reluctant Housewife said...

Yay! I'm glad she's settling in so well.

Mom/Mum said...

Ahh - see she wants to embrace it all! Good for her. Good for you.

echoeve said...

I am so glad for her that she is adjusting so well for school.
However I am even more glad that you were handling it so well.
(I know teacher the English wasn't very good, but you know what I mean.)

The Dotterel said...

It's always the anticipation that's the worst!

Millennium Housewife said...

Ah, back seat driver school girl stylee, I live in the same world. 'Are you sure that isn't the right way over there mummy?'And now it has stretched to instructions about basic stuff; how to work the tv/light the bbq etc special moments. MH

Suburbia said...

Hope she had a great day and that you did too!