Sunday, 10 August 2008

Tag, you're 'it'!

I've been tagged by Melipop at BabyBlog. If you haven't been there yet, just click on the link and look at the photo in her header, it made me howl with laughter!

Some of these I've had before, but I'll try to vary my answers:

What were you doing ten years ago?

Enjoying a hedonistic child free existence.

Five things on my to do list

Decorate
Choose curtains
Decorate
Choose sofa (nope, still not decided)
Decorate


What snacks do you like?

Chocolate
More chocolate
Chocolate I've hidden under the bed
Tortilla chips (accompanied by wine)
Cashew nuts (accompanied by more wine)


What would you do if you were a billionaire?

Finish the bloody house (excuse my language, but it's getting to me now), sell it and a buy a new one that doesn't need anything doing to it!
Oh, and give some to charity, of course.

Three bad habits.

Maybe the hiding of chocolate in times of stress?

Five places you have lived.

Lancashire
Cheshire
Merseyside
(the first three were all the same house - the powers that be couldn't make up their minds)
Yorkshire (university)
Cheshire (since marriage)
I'm a Northern lass!

Five jobs I have had

Barmaid in Dance Club (ballroom dancing - no-one came to the bar during lessons so I joined in and learned to dance at the same time!)
Barmaid again in Sports Club (lots of rugger types demanding jugs of ale, good tippers)
Barmaid again in Function Room (work your butt off for 12 hours on a wedding for £3.50 in tips)
Teacher
Mum

How did you name your blog?

Oooo, good one! Well, I'd just discovered blogging, was suffering from WMS and needed an outlet for my rants about being a "working mum" in an age when women are supposed to be able to "have it all". "On the verge" of what? is the real question ...............

Now I need to tag other people. I think I'll just ask for how you named your blog ('cause that was my favourite question) to anyone who wants to let us know.

12 comments:

gigi said...

"Afterthoughts" because I'm always wishing I would have done this or wishing I'd said that! With me I think every thing is an "afterthought"

Loved your comments and answers.

scrappysue said...

with all that bar work, you must be expert at pouring yourself a wine! with you on the chocolate addiction tho!!! i hide mine too - not even in the veggie bin - the family are onto me!

auntiegwen said...

Ah yes, the comforter of all woman, chocolate and wine

Maggie May said...

I am back! I missed everyone while I was 'cut off'. Will have a lot of reading to do to catch up!

Killlashandra said...

For a minute there I thought you were going to say chocolate tortilla chips!

And you're right about that header images. Oh my.

Potty Mummy said...

OK, I thought I had it bad with the chocolate. Scratch that - I DO have it bad. Save chocolate for long enough to hide it? Are you crazy?

As for how I named my blog - well, I guess you probably worked that one out for yourself...

Frog in the Field said...

Loved this post..very funny about living in three places that were the same house.It took us 8 years to find the right sofa..and was worth the dithering, I have to say.

cheshire wife said...

If I were a bilionaire I would do the same as you. There must be something about doing up houses.

Mean Mom said...

I just love cashew nuts. I have had to try and cut out chocolate because of my problem with teeth/gums. Strangely enough, I don't seem to experience the longing for it, any more. Famous last words.

Sympathise about sanding, as in your earlier post. It's the worst job ever - particularly if my husband has slapped on the filler! Why should he care how much he slaps on, when he knows that I will be trying to sand it smooth?

We lived in an old bungalow and then an old house, before deciding that our third move had to be into a more modern property. Older houses are often charming, but the work can seem endless! Have you considered investing in a Dulux paintpod? We decided it would be a worthwhile investment, as we have such a lot of decorating to catch up with. B & Q had reduced the cost of the unit by £20, but the paint cost £30. It's fine if you have a large area to paint. There is a video on YouTube, if you are interested.

Suburbia said...

Ditto to the 10 years ago and all that wine and chocolate!!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

not sure what tagging is?! but i really enjoyed your answers...

afterthought....l'll comment later..!!

chocolate ..never enogh to go round...

10 years ago, l was adjusting to life in the North of England.... nah...scrub that, l'm still adjusting!!

Moannie said...

I'm a very new blogger and there are still so many things I can't do. The tag...'working mum' begs the question; who or what is a non-working mum. I mean if you have a job and children, but also have a nanny, then you are still a mum who is working. If you don't have a job [ie paid] but you have kids and no nanny then you are a working mum. I suppose if you have children, do not go out to work and have a nanny, a maid butler, chueffuer-chauffer-[can't find the spell checker]driver, gardener and potboy, only then are you a non-working mother and as rare as hens teeth.

My blog is named View from this end 'cos I am sort of ruminating on how far i have come [in dog years-528...sounds more spectacular] My other one is named Meg: Book One 'cos that is the title of my book.