Friday, 8 August 2008

Photostory Friday - A Four Year Old's Logic

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


"Don't come into the kitchen in those muddy wellies!" I yelled.





"They're clean now!" she yelled back.

* * * * * * * * *

The story behind this photo:

Husband and daughter were washing the car and I was taking photos with my new camera. I was trying different angles and perspectives, different settings, etc but I didn't like any of the shots I'd taken. Daughter was jumping in the flower beds in the mud created by the water from washing the car. She tried to go into the house without taking her wellies off so I yelled,

"Don't come into the kitchen in those muddy wellies"

She promptly picked up the hose and started to wash them down. When I realised what she was doing I grabbed the camera. I had time for one shot then she put the hose down and yelled,

"They're clean now!"

Funny how the impromptu photo can be the one ...................

16 comments:

Sass E-mum said...

Curly, clever and cute. Well done for being so quick with the camera.

gigi said...

It's funny how kids think too! Cute picture! The camera always has to be handy. I've started just leaving it out of the case on the kitchen counter so it is ready when I am.

Come on over and join my 200th blog contest giveaway.

auntiegwen said...

And clean they are !

MamaGeek said...

Dont you just love how kids can make good points when they ought NOT to.

That is priceless.

JennWasHere said...

Your daughter is so obedient! Kids aren't as obedient as that nowadays!

My PSF this week is posted HERE. Please check on it if you can. Happy weekends!

Killlashandra said...

No worries, the photo was gone when I went back and look so I did quick edit to that post. :)

Cute picture. Kids definitely put a different spin on instructions which makes for great pictures!

Shannon said...

Super cute and so the way it goes! Mud puddles cannot be passed up and without fail, kids want to march right into the house. I am glad you caught her and that she was so clever to clean them up! Great PSP!

photomommy said...

candid shots are always the best! I love that photo...so cute. Those are cool boots, too.

Tara@From Dawn Till Rusk said...

I thought you were going to say 'I just had time to take this picture before she turned the hose on me!' Phew

Candy said...

great photo! I'm lovin the boot;-)

Chris said...

Way to seize the moment! My question is: Were her boots really clean? I find that my children and I often have vastly differing definitions of that word.

Robyn said...

I love wellies. I love saying wellies, I feel so English now. That's a perfect shot though.

scrappysue said...

absolutely! kids' logic - sometimes the best kind!

Andrea said...

ah, yes...the spontaneous ones often are the best, aren't they?

LOVE it!!

cheshire wife said...

I think that your daughter is great. She could teach my husband a thing or two.

Cecily R said...

That's usually how it works for me too. The ones I didn't think through or set up always turn out the best.

I LOVE LOVE this shot. She is just so cute, how can you NOT grab the camera all the time!