This is what I learned:
- lunch has to be on the table at the ridiculously early time of noon if she is going to get to nursery on time
- it takes just as long for her to cycle to nursery as to walk and then I have to wheel the bike home as there is nowhere you can leave the bike at school (and wheel it back to school for her to ride home)
- Sports Days are now 'non-competitive' so all that training husband did with her was in vain
- homemade Pirate costumes (Working Mum designed funky foam hat and sword, cut off jeans and a stripey t-shirt) aren't as good as Johnny Depp costumes purchased from internet complete with eyebrow pencil stubble and stick on tattoos
- homemade cup cakes aren't as popular with four year olds as Mr Kipling's
- nursery teachers like to get their own back on parents by making them sing songs with actions at the Leavers' Assembly
Thank goodness it is now the Summer Holidays!