Monday, 28 July 2008

Just call me Alice

LOOOOVE the Summer Holidays. The weather has been fantastic so we've been packing a picnic and going on our Family Fun Days.

Today we went to the beach. We packed a picnic and headed for Formby. As we hiked over the sand dunes to the beach daughter carried a bag with beach toys, husband carried the rucksack with the picnic and I carried the beach tent, three beach towels, two buckets and daughter's sandals and sun hat as she discarded them.

Daughter turned to husband and said, "Mummy's very good at carrying things isn't she?"

To which I said, "Yes, it's what mummies are for" in a sarcastic tone.

Daugher carried on undeterred "She's a bit like a camel isn't she?"

Husband added "Yes, especially when she's got the hump!"

Thanks family!



15 comments:

blogthatmama said...

Beasts of burden, that's what Mums are, weather looks great!

gigi said...

Just like a family! Mom can do it all!

scrappysue said...

sounds like your husband has the same LAME sense of humour as mine - it's always at our expense!!!!!

Suburbia said...

Ooooh! Sounds so familiar!!

Casdok said...

Oh i had to laugh!! :)

The Dotterel said...

Hey, and you can *just* see the sea. The tide must have been in!

cheshire wife said...

My husband would let me carry everything if I let him, but I have learnt make sure we share whatever we are carting around. Get him trained!

Robyn said...

lol I lug so much of this families junk around, I know exactly where you're coming from

MamaGeek said...

That is perfect. Tis true-Mom is the glue!

Reluctant Housewife said...

I'm a camel too... and sometimes I'm even a kleenex.

Being a mom is so much... um... well, you know.

Looks like a fun day, though. Sun and beach.

THE MOM BOMB said...

Looks beautiful! I'm sick with jealousy!

I'm a camel, too. Actually, the family usually calls me a mule or a pack horse. I think a camel is much better.

A Confused Take That Fan said...

aah, the perfect family day out, a daughter recognising how hard mummy works and a daddy making a cheap joke on mummy's behalf. Just as it should be! Sounds like the ideal family to me! Move over the Walton's...

Tara@From Dawn Till Rusk said...

You don't think daddy set that all up just so he could feed you that funny line do you?!

Potty Mummy said...

Sounds lovely. Though my dad grew up in Formby and although we haven't been there for years, I do remember that it's an awful long way to the sea when the tide is out...

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Aah, aren't they lovely? They do love you really. And appreciate you. M :-)