Saturday, 19 July 2008

Conversations with a four year old - the one about Cornwall

There has been lots of talk of holidays in our house recently as we look forward to our Summer Holiday next month. I was asking daughter what she remembered of our holidays so far. She's a pretty good memory and remembers Wales last year, Northumberland two years ago and even the Lake District just before her second birthday. I asked if she remembered Cornwall (she was 15 months old).

"Yes, I remember Cornwall" she said

"What did we do there?" I asked, intrigued as to whether she could remember anything.

"We took Tigger" she said

(Well, yes, Tigger has been on all our holidays)

"What else did we do?" I asked

"Tigger sat on the wall" she said

"What wall?" I asked

"The CORN WALL!" she said, getting exasperated.

"But Cornwall is a county, not a wall" I said

"IT IS, WE TOOK HIS PICTURE ON IT!" She was adamant.

Suddenly I remembered this:


Tigger sitting on Hadrian's Wall in Northumberland two years ago.


6 comments:

Nicol said...

LOL! She has a great memory!

Sass E-mum said...

Lush. She's very funny.

rosiero said...

Bless, she was right.

gigi said...

Isn't it amazing what children can remember? She is one bright cookie!

Robyn said...

Ha she's knows doesn't she.

Tara@From Dawn Till Rusk said...

Awww, I LOVE that story. Brilliant!