Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Working/Singing mum - live on BBC Radio 4

Yeayy! I'm going to sing on Radio 4!

I'm on BBC Radio 4 on Monday 30 June singing with the Manchester Chorale in the live broadcast of the Daily Service (must admit 'broadcasting live to the nation' thing is a bit scary).

For those that don't know, it is a 15 minute religious service with 2 hymns and an anthem and is a very precious piece of British broadcasting bringing comfort to many who are unable to attend church themselves, or who want a little peace and reflection at the start of their day.

Also, it's BBC RADIO!!!!! YEAYY!!

I wasn't able to do this last time the Chorale did it as I was working, but this time the classes I would teach are on study leave so my headmaster said that I could do it.

If anyone is interested in hearing me sing (like you could pick out my voice from the other twenty or so!) I'm on Radio 4 LW (don't make the mistake of listening on FM, you'll get a totally different progamme) on Monday 30th at 9.45am (BST).

For the technologically minded you can use this link Radio 4 to listen via the web.

BBC RADIO!!!!!!!


Better get practising:


Meez 3D avatar avatars games

10 comments:

gigi said...

Yea! for the headmaster! Yea! for you and sharing your beautiful talents!

family affairs said...

That's brilliant - and can you have a direct link to it after you've done it on your blog? I will make a note to listen out for it on the 30th Lx

Sass E-mum said...

I'm so excited for you. I'm putting the date in my diary and plan to sneak out of the office to listen to you in the car (on the radio of course. I don't expect to meet you in my car. That would be weird.)

Frog in the Field said...

Shall I need earplugs?
Well done, that's really exciting!
Of course my MIL 'listens' to radio 4...hearing aid or no hearing aid!

scrappysue said...

maybe i could listen online? how cool for you!!!

Can Bass 1 said...

Just be careful when that little red light goes on. I have very embarrassing memories of a Choral Evensong we broadcast several years ago, when a fellow in the choir was heard live on the wirelss making derogatory remarks about the beat (or lack of it) at the end of the Magnificat.

Working mum said...

I'll try and put a link up nearer the time with intsructions on how to listen via the web. Rembember it's 9.45 am BST. There may be a "listen again" facility for anyone who misses it.

Thanks for the advice Can Bass 1!

MamaGeek said...

WOW, how cool is THAT. I always knew you were talented!

You deserve some serious KUDOS my friend.

Maggie May said...

Wow!!!!!!! That is a great thing, working mum! Congratulations. I always sang in the Church choir & really loved it! Now I cannot get to the top range any more so I just squeak away in Church congregation!
I sincerely hope e DON'T pick your voice out! However it would be good if we got a solo!
Many thanks for your step by step advice on the photo story step by step. I was able to get it to work on the second go! Phew! I didn't find that easy, and without you couldn't have linked! So I am extremely grateful! Don't like to be beaten!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Thanks, Working Mum, I've made a note in my diary, and will be listening on 30th. How cool! M xx