Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Who searches for Working Mum?

Mean Moody Middle-Aged Mum recently posted "The Cautious Blogger" about the searches that had led people to her blog. Although it was very funny, it was a bit scary to see what some people are looking for on the internet and that they can end up at your door.

We are very careful at school to teach pupils about keeping themselves safe on the internet and I have kept to those principles when writing my blog. However, there are 'bad' people out there who may stumble across my blog so I have statcounter to track what happens but I've never plucked up the courage to look at the searches people have used. Is ignorance bliss?

A few wise words from MMMM and I felt brave enough to look at how people arrive at my blog.




Meez 3D avatar avatars games



Here's what I found. Recent google searches that led people to my blog were:

"Charlie and Lola party invites"
"Knowsley Safari Park"
"Carrie and David's Pop Shop Birthday Cake"
"Puddlesuit"

so, looks like I attract other CBeebies fans.



That's alright then!


Just to make sure it stays that way:


Tweenies, Charlie and Lola, Fireman Sam, Lunar Jim,Bobinogs, Nina and the Neurons, Numberjacks, Pinky Dinky Doo, Tommy Zoom, 64 Zoo Lane!!

8 comments:

Nunhead Mum of One said...

I get a lot of hits from my "Nostalgia" post and my "Coconut Chilli Chicken" one. So, The Flumps and cooking for me then!

MamaGeek said...

Oh I love it when people post the search queries. Fear not, my biggest referrer is the search query of 'matt roloff dui'. Strange. True. : O

scrappysue said...

i had to click on that link to see what cbeebies were! how do u find out who's searching??? i'm curious now!

Working mum said...

Scrappy Sue - on StatCounter you click on "Recent Keyword Activity" if you dare!

If you haven't got StatCounter, click on the little icon at the bottom of my blog and follow the instructions. Good luck!

Nunhead Mum of One said...

Oh dear me! Someone from Southampton has just found me on Google via the search words "little girl locked in suitcase on top of caravan"!!!!!!!!!! It's a sick, sick world I tell you!

Oh, and I'm now totally hooked on Meez and it cheered me up no end!

GoneBackSouth said...

Ooh, thanks for the tip. I'm going to get Statcounter. I've got Sitemeter but I don't think that does the google report thing does it? Or maybe it does and I just haven't looked hard enough.

Mean Mom said...

Great photos with your new camera! I'm glad that you only have innocent searches on your site! Mine must be something to do with the 'mom' as opposed to 'mum'. I didn't realise that 'mom' had such connotations!

Thanks for coming to my virtual party, on Saturday. It was a great day!

Suburbia said...

I read that on MMMM and so got myself a counter but I still can't work out how you find the words that people are searching by. Does that mean I am completely dumb? (that didn't require and answer!)

Oh I 've just read your comment to Scrappy sue so I'm off now to check for Cbeebies fans (hopefully)