Sunday, 8 June 2008

Spending the windfall

Well, bearing in mind Maggie May's advice to spend half and save half, I went to the lovely camera shop with my old camera and lenses. They explained all about the new digital SLRs and I tried my old Canon lenses on the new Canon EOS 400D. They worked perfectly saving me a few hundred pounds. The lovely camera shop threw in a new camera case, a table top tripod, a 4Gb memory card, a sky filter and a 3 year warranty.

How could I say no?

So I am now the proud owner of a Canon EOS 400D digital SLR.

Here's a picture daughter took of me getting to grips with my new camera:


And here's a picture I took of her with new camera:



Oh what fun I am going to have!

11 comments:

Cecily R said...

You have no idea how jealous I am right now. No idea. But. I will be a grownup and say

Congratulations!!!!

WORKING MOM said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous pic. Good luck with that camera. I am an imbusol with anything that complicated. I know that you will have a blast!

MamaGeek said...

Oh how terribly exciting! I can't wait to see more photographs, that one was beautiful!

Ernest de Cugnac said...

i've got its predecessor. it is a great camera and you will have fun. some pix on my blog taken with it.

gigi said...

Can't wiat for more pictures that wonderful. Beautiful child and I love the curls!

Maggie May said...

Oh what a surprise to find myself linked on your blog! Chuffed about that and glad the new camera equipment fits onto the old one. Sounds like it all went very well & your photos are super! Pretty little daughter!

Nicol said...

I love our digital SLR....I'll never go back to a plain old camara again. You will have so much fun!

Suburbia said...

Fantastic photo of your daughter, but I had to look twice because she looks just like a younger version of Tall Girls friend!

Red said...

What a gorgeous little redhead! Just like me...oops, I mean the redhead bit, not the gorgeous bit!

CC said...

Yes! You will have so, so, so much fun!!!!!! We saved up for 6 months to get our SLR. Lots of great pics! Just wish I knew how to use it better.

scrappysue said...

welcome to the (400D) club! that's one of the reasons why we got a canon - can use old lenses, altho u will soon find you will want to swap them for the snazzy new canon lenses. mark my words...

gorgeous pic. canons rule!