Saturday, 21 June 2008

Overwhelmed

It's getting near the end of term. Always a busy time. Feeling a little overwhelmed. Can feel a migraine coming on.

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Here's what I've got in the next two weeks:

Choir: Summer BBQ tomorrow (forecast rain), concert next Saturday, a special service to sing at next Sunday, Radio 4 broadcast next Monday.

Work: over 100 reports to write, retirement 'do' a week on Saturday, Sixth Form University Evening on Wed, course on VLE on Friday, Leaver's Reception, Speech Day, Sports Day, Music Festival, etc.

Home: joiner finally built stud wall in our bedroom so no excuse for me to not to get on with decorating, need to smooth and sand walls and paint, need to choose new fireplace for lounge (next project) and book electricians to take down lights, plasterer to beautify lounge, plumber to remove radiators, etc, etc, need to plant round new patio when it is finally done and continue fence painting.

Daughter: more social life than I have so need to accompany her to parties, my mum coming to stay to take her on nursery day out, have to arrange for her to spend afternoon at new school, going with my mum to buy her new school uniform, need to sort out present for childminder as daughter finishes there soon, have to attend her Nursery Open Evening.

Husband: currently esconsed in study on major project, needs TLC and plenty of coffee to keep him going, needs taking to work on Monday and collecting from station on Tuesday as he has meeting in London.

Aaargh!

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

But then.........


............... on 9th July........


............................... the reason I love teaching.................................


....... eight weeks holiday! Yaaay!

Cheers!

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

12 comments:

Dusty Spider said...

Gosh, you're busier than I am and I thought it was tough here. Hang in there and repeat after me - the 9th of July; the 9th of July; the 9th of July........Flick x

Gary said...

Isn't it amazing how full our lives can become, almost overwhelming and then it all kinda stops for a bit, allowing us to breath and recharge. Enjoy the summer! BTW, I love all of your little animated figures that match your posts. I sense that in addition to being overwhelmed you are also an overachiever.

Working mum said...

Dusty - 9th of July, 9th of July, ...

Gary - you are so perceptive!

Kareer Woman said...

Thanks for the sweet comment, I'm glad you keep coming back :)You do sound very busy and that would be overwhelming, but look for the light at the end of the tunnel, it's there!!!

Expatmum said...

Hi there - Will be back but I need to go and lie down now. Your to-do list has wiped me out!

scrappysue said...

keep your eyes on the prize................9 july...............

Maggie May said...

Now you are giving ME a headache! Very busy person!

Nunhead Mum of One said...

Blimey, and I thought I was busy!

Robyn said...

Your holiday will be here before you know it. Being busy will make it come that much faster.

Lehners in France said...

Here's to 9th July for you. My sister teaches and when she breaks up for the summer she is not going back. She has just landed a teaching job in NZ. My Dad does have some great holiday destinations! Debs x

gigi said...

I'm just going to pray for you! Just reading that makes me tired, but you can do it!! Hang in there.

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

I don't see how you can possibly get it all done in the time. But I expect you will - and then relax!! M :-)