Saturday, 28 June 2008

Techno Teacher

Okay, enough ranting. Yesterday I went on a course in Manchester the aim of which was to "Create Interactive Resources for Virtual Learning Environments". In other words, playing on my laptop in a swanky hotel for the day. Or, if my employers ask, five hours of intensive ICT training on how to do links, screen captures, movies, etc. I was worried it would be over my head, but one of the things they showed us was how to write a blog using Blogger! Oh, how I chuckled inside.

Anyway, I learned a lot of new stuff which I will apply to my teaching in the manner of fabulous 21st century teacher, but in the meantime I have decided to try out my new skills by putting a YouTube video on my blog. Well, I have to start somewhere!

To cheer us all up I thought I'd share a song we sing in choir that always makes me feel great. And who can failed to be cheered by Sammy Davis Jr? I hope it works!

Off now to do a concert with the choir entitled " From Byrd to the Beatles", talk about an eclectic repertoire!

Anyway, enjoy ...........

9 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

I hope your Blogger experience meant you came top of the class!

scrappysue said...

a very tingly post indeed!!!

Robyn said...

Yep, I was cheered up.

gigi said...

You did great! And I love the clip. Does make you miss ole Sammy, though.
Good Luck tomorrow!

Sass E-mum said...

Oh wow. I loved that. I didn't know that was sung by Sammy. Very exciting clip.

Mean Mom said...

Great song and Sammy Davis Jr was great, too, of course. I can imagine it must be very uplifting to sing that song, with the choir.

Hope your singing goes OK, tomorrow.

Suzysoo said...

Hope the concert went well. Did you not let on to the course people that you already had a blog? Tee-hee-heee :-)

auntiegwen said...

I hate having to put techy stuff in, at work, at home, anywhere,one of the reasons I had the children

Gary said...

Great post! It made me smile to read the bit about you learning blogger.

Also, great choice of YouTube video. I understudied that role in "Sweet Charity' and loved performing that song. What a great show.