Thursday, 12 June 2008

Conversations with a four year old - the one about counting sheep

Daughter complained tonight that she couldn't get to sleep. A combination of light evenings and falling asleep on the sofa while I prepared dinner didn't help.

I suggested she counted sheep like Duck did in the book. I found the book, read her the story and left her to count sheep.

Ten minutes later she shouted "Mummeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

When I returned to her room she looked at me, and in a serious little voice said,

"I can only count to 39"

7 comments:

gigi said...

Oh so cute!

Suburbia said...

Classic! Poor loves, it is so difficult to sleep whan it's so light and hot too. However I could fall asleep on a washing line, I'm so tired, given the chance!!

CC said...

hee hee hee!! Clearly you now need to teach her to count to 1000! ;)

Pamela G. said...

Found your blog through a friend of a friend. My friend, georgiarectors has a link to The Mom Bomb and she links to you. So, there you have it. Your daughter is lovely - great age! Funny how we wish for a moment of quiet when our children are very young, but then when we have it we just miss them so much. Life goes by so fast - seems like only yesterday I had small babies at home - now I'm a grandmother. How did that happen??? Anyway, have a happy fathers day, birthday weekend!

scrappysue said...

that is so cute! only girls could be that 'practical'!

Gerbil said...

Heh. Clearly a problem. Too funny!!

Tara@From Dawn Till Rusk said...

I so love them at this age. They say the most adorable things - it's a good job we have a blog to remember them on.