Wednesday, 11 June 2008

All presents and correct!

This Sunday is Father's Day. It is also my mum's birthday.

Present from me to dad, present from Izzy to husband, present from Izzy to Grandma, present from me to mum. This requires careful preparation and organisation for a working mum!

It all started back in March when daughter and I had our photos taken by Funky Foto. I ordered an extra copy to give to husband for Father's Day so all I had to do was find a suitable frame. Frame found last week. Add a "Fab Dad" mug from Tesco (TGFT) and that's him sorted!

Then, a chance conversation with my mum in April revealed that she wanted a new purse. Off to John Lewis for a lovely Radley one with the little scottie dog!


In May I ordered some prints from Photobox and added an order for fridge magnets with photos of daughter on. Perfect for my mum from Izzy. Then one afternoon in half term we spent a couple of hours making my mum's birthday card from Izzy. A riot of ribbon, stickers and jewels. Sorted!

Lastly, my dad. My dad who has everything. My dad who always says "Just get me a Toblerone".

Well, last week in Tesco (TGFT) there were the new Fruit and Nut Toblerones with a sleeve saying "For my Dad". Perfect!

All wrapped, written and delivered on time!

Working mum triumphs in the present department!

9 comments:

Nicol said...

Sounds like you got everything figured out. Thanks for the reminder about Father's Day. I have been so stressed this week that I haven't had a chance to go shopping. I will have to head out after nap time.

the mother of this lot said...

You are one of those really organised people that I always thought I'd be, but never quite managed it! I didn't even know it was Father's Day on Sunday!!

About your football question, I would support a team of eleven demoniacs managed by Satan in a match against Liverpool, so obviously I'd shout for City. I can't guarantee that you'd get a similar answer from a City supporter though! Ask the husband and let me know!

WORKING MOM said...

Toblerones?? I love them. I think those are great choices in gifts. Whew, done for another year.

Maggie May said...

I dare say I will have to organize the grand daughters to give something for their "Dad"
AAWWWW! My Dad LOVED Toblerone! Maybe I should buy one in memory of him & we could all eat it together on Father's Day!

scrappysue said...

i'm dizzy! well done you! and happy mothering, birthday sunday...

eat cake. take pics on your new 400D!!!

Casdok said...

Its great when presents just come together!

THE MOM BOMB said...

(imagine me saying this like Homer Simpsom)

MMMMMMMmmmmm. Chocolate.

You are way more organized than I am. Tres impressive.

BTW, I have given you a very silly award on my blog. Come see!

Hen said...

Arrived via the mom bomb -

Congratulations fellow winner!

Well done being so organised - I shot round town this afternoon in search of an inspired idea - and found the You to me books.

Suburbia said...

Sod the pressent (!)I only just remembered to post the card tonight! Do you think it will get there?