Wednesday, 2 July 2008

100th Post!!



In honour of my 100th post I am going to reveal a hitherto hidden facet of my personality.

It's a risk, I know.

When I have revealed this at parties, the conversation has stopped. My husband tries to gloss over it when asked about his wife. He pretends it doesn't exist. I can't help it. I must have been born with it.


I'm sure you're dying to know.



So, here it is.



You've waited long enough.




I have ....................






.............. an inner maths geek!!

I find numbers fascinating. I recognise properties of numbers everywhere: I live in a prime numbered house, my daughter's age is a square number, my age is double a prime, my car registration is a multiple of 11, etc.

My lottery numbers are always prime numbers.

I prefer odds to evens.

It's a peculiar afflication. My dad says it's his fault because he didn't know any lullabies so he rocked me to sleep with times tables!

As a child I grouped objects in different ways exploring factors, I used symmetry when cutting food to investigate fractions.

Why didn't my parents stop me?

Later in life I moved on to a fascination with irrational and imaginary numbers such as pi, e and i.

My favourite fact about numbers is Euler's Identity

Wow! e, pi and i in one formula and the result is a negative integer.

How cool is that?


Okay, think I've gone too far now so I'll leave you with the maths geek greeting.

Altogether now ............

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

........... "High pi!"


Okay, just me then.

15 comments:

Casdok said...

Congrats on your 100th post! And was somewhat relieved by your affliction!! It could have been worse!! :)

Potty Mummy said...

I would comment but have no idea what on earth that post was about...

GoneBackSouth said...

Wow! Maths, eh? Well somebody's got to do it! Happy blog century.

gigi said...

That is so cool! and very impressive! You go girl!

Congrats on your 100th blog post! You are to funny.

Robyn said...

You sound like my roomie in college, I tried to have her beat calculus into me, it didn't work. My problem is I find it all too tedious.

Ms Wiz said...

I need a maths geek to visit my house - all my daughters struggle with maths (I have only just done my GCSE at 47!) and I would love them to meet someone who is as enthusiastic as you.

Tara@From Dawn Till Rusk said...

Nothing wrong with loving numbers. My hubby is the only person I know who actually uses the stuff he was taught in A level maths in everyday life. Seriously, when he was building a wooden pagola thing in the garden he used Pi and co-signs and other laws I'd forgotten a long long time ago.
Unfortunately he can't grasp the equation dirty clothes + washing machine = clean clothes. Thinks that happens by magic.

Lazy Daisy said...

Hmmm, I'm afraid I have maths dyslexia...well that's my explanation for my inability to understand concepts beyond 1+1 and Sudoku.

Congrats on the 100 posts milestone.

Maggie May said...

Blimey! I am the exact opposite! Like dyslexia only with numbers!
Good for you, I say. The brains!

MamaGeek said...

Congrats on 100!!

*Raises glass*

Let's celebrate at drink-thirty. :)

the mother of this lot said...

Yep, just you.

Congrats on your 100th post!

Suburbia said...

Congratulations on your 100th!
You are luck to be "afflicted" in this way! Maths is not one of my strong points though I'm with you on prefering odd numbers, they just seem 'right'!

Gary said...

"High Pi"

You are not alone. Well, I mean I will cheer along with you but that's where it ends. Unfortunately I do not think in terms of numbers and equations. I wish my mind worked that way but alas...

However, I do find numbers fascinating although it does not come easily. But I am guessing that you are 33?

Congratulations on the 100th post!

Millennium Housewife said...

When our eldest was 18months old she say pi, so we taught her to respond to the question: "what's 3.1472?" and she'd duly shout pi. Looked dead impressive at playgroup... Loving the blog MH

scrappysue said...

you would have enjoyed gwenyth and anthony hopkins in proof then lol. i wish i was a maths geek. i wish i knew some maths fullstop.