Here is the scary list:
- Polo shirt with school logo
- Pinafore dress, school pattern
- Cardigan, school colours
- Knee high socks
- PE polo shirt with school logo
- Sports socks
- Pump bag (?!*!)
- Jogging suit with school logo
- Swimming costume in school colours
- Swimming cap with school logo
- PE bag
- Swimming bag
- Puddle suit (?!*!)
- Waterproof fleece with school logo
- Art apron, royal (?!*?)
- Summer dress, summer term only
- White ankle socks, summer term only
- Hair accessories in school colours only
Of course virtually everything has to be bought from the official school outfitters, "Mssrs Got You Over A Barrel & Co". Pinafores start from £25, (blazers are £45! - that's next year). Thank goodness I only have one child to kit out!
Luckily, working at the school as I do, I have colleagues who already have daughters at the school. I have very cleverly ambushed each one in the corridors and asked for any decent second hand uniform to be discretely passed my way. (They do seem to walk the other way now when they see me coming, what's that about?) Anyway, I have been promised several pinafores, swimming costumes and PE kits, but no-one seems to know what a puddle suit is!
Also everything has to be clearly marked with her name because, brilliantly, everyone's school uniform is the same! Better start sewing name tapes now..............