Saturday, 31 May 2008

Project postscript

When I announced my list of jobs for half term, the frog in the field said (and I quote)
"Crikey, is that all you'll be doing? It all sounds terribly slack and laid back to me, you should shape up a bit!"

She was quite right of course, I hadn't got enough on my list, so I offered up another project: make curtains for daughter's playhouse.

You'll notice it wasn't mentioned on yesterday's post because it hadn't been done. It was touch and go, but today daughter and I went to the fabric shop, bought gorgeous fabric called 'cupcake' depicting cakes, sundaes, teacups and balloons and this afternoon I got the sewing machine out and whipped up three pairs.

Now, daughter and I present....................

......................playhouse curtains!


14 comments:

Sass E-mum said...

We've been looking at playhouses... still resisting though. Lovely fabric - I bet your daughter is very happy with you.

scrappysue said...

that is just TOO CUTE! i love her nose pressed up against the window inside the wendy house! well done you!!!

meggie said...

Gorgeous daughter, gorgeous curtains!
Thankyou for visiting mine, & leaving me a comment! Always nice to meet new people.

auntiegwen said...

Whoop whoop, I would be ashamed to blog what I didn't get done over my half term however I did run, see Sex and The City, drink cocktails and shop.

I can clean today

blogthatmama said...

Wow! Someone of 5 foot 2.5 inches like me could live in that Wendy house if times got hard! How fab for your daughter to have that to play in.

Dusty Spider said...

Lovely job! It looks gorgeous. Flick x

Frog in the Field said...

OHMYGOD!!
You've named and shamed me!
A fab job, though, well done.
Send me your address, I'll send you a cupcake fabric bag to go with the cupcake curtains.
Frog
x

Frog in the Field said...

OHMYGOD!! You've named and shamed me!
Send your address and daughters' name, I'll send her one of my new cupcake bags, she'll love it.
Frog
x

Reluctant Housewife said...

Very nice! What a great little playhouse you have.

MamaGeek said...

WOW, that is SO SO SO SO cool! Talk about a childhood dream come true.

And your daughter and you are absolutely ADORABLE!

Working mum said...

Sass e-mum - don't resist, it's fab! Not sure if we bought it for her or me!

AuntieGwen - yours sounded much more fun!

Blogthatmama - I'm thinking about moving in myself, it's nicer that this house we're 'doing up'

FrogintheField - sorry for naming and shaming you, but it did make me laugh and thank you for your kind offer, she will love it!

WORKING MOM said...

Just marvelous- the curtains, the doll house and your daughter.

gigi said...

Hi, I'm over from Amanda's blog. I just wanted to say, that is the cutest play house and precious child and nice colorful curtains! I love sewing. I have a hard time finding the time to do it as much as I would like.

BTW nice to meet ya.

Cecily R said...

Oh, I LOVE LOVE it!!!!! It has curtains! Squeeeeee!