Friday, 23 May 2008

In Awesome Wonder

Of all the amazing experiences of being a mother, one that has given me untold delight has been seeing the world through the eyes of a child again. I may have travelled the world, seen the migration across the Masai Mara, paddled a canoe up the Amazon and walked in the paddy fields of Bali, but nothing I have seen or experienced BC compares to sharing in her discovery of the world.

I have found again that sense of wonder in small things; horseshoe prints in mud, rainbows, flocks of birds migrating across the autumn sky, cherry blossom, fish in a pond, the moon, bubbles!

Do you remember feeling like this?:


7 comments:

Kareer Woman said...

I do as a matter of fact remember feeling like that. I loved blowing bubbles in the field and on the back porch and yes, sometimes even in the house :) :) :)
Enjoy the weekend.

THE MOM BOMB said...

What a beautiful picture! (and beautiful daughter!) There's nothing quite like a kid's excitement at the world.

BTW, I DID smile at your little VW Polo, and now I'm wondering where I can buy one stateside.

CC said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

GoneBackSouth said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. What about snow! Children do teach you an awful lot don't they?

womaninawindow said...

Yes! I love this! Your photo! The telling of it! How sometimes I can still fool myself into believing I am still young...
And really
All these places?
But yet,
still new adventures...

Working mum said...

How did I forget snow!?

scrappysue said...

there's just something about bubbles. they're mesmerizing - and fun too!