Friday, 30 May 2008

How did the half term projects go?

It seemed a tall order, but I had a list of jobs to do this week and I set out to do them! So how did I get on?

Well, car got serviced, went to the dentist (don't ask how much it cost!), had my hair done, went to doctor's (twice!).

Freezer defrosted and stocked ready for another hectic half term. Fridge, microwave and oven cleaned!

Plants planted (including MIL's tubs). Garden fence nearly painted (I painted 14, six foot fence panels in three days - never want to see another fence panel again; unfortunately still have another 7 to do)

Emptied our bedroom of furniture (every time husband came home something else had disappeared - he spent a very funny few minutes one morning trying to work out where the chest of drawers containing his underwear had gone!). Keith, the plumber, came and removed the radiator. (He has done so much work on our house now that I when I ring him up I don't give him the address, just my name!). Removed old carpet and took it to the tip (daughter very helpful - I cut carpet into pieces, she carried them onto landing!). Carpet man didn't ring back, suspect he's on holiday, so will chase him up next week.

Cotbed still sitting in hall waiting for Wood St Mission to collect (sad every time I give them something - not because it's the end of another phase for daughter, but the fact that we still need a mission providing for the needy of Manchester in 2008). Daughter refused to get rid of any old toys so we just had a mega tidy of her room.

Tests and UCAS references done whilst daughter in bed in evenings (in between a bit of blogging).

Stone samples for patio not arrived yet, so not my fault if I haven't chosen.

Still had time for lunch with a friend and her children and lots of playing with daughter (some of it was cleaning and gardening cunningly disguised as play). We've been on bike rides, played with lego, held a concert in the lounge with the disco diva microphone, made grandma's birthday card, made a cake, played with Bob the Builder toys and loads more. We even had a trip to Waterstones to look at the books and have a drink in the cafe - big treat! Especially enjoyed one rainy afternoon snuggled under a blanket with her reading 'Old Bear' stories. Aww!

Also squeezed in an evening watching DVDs with husband (so he didn't feel neglected) and tonight we make a start on the delivery of wine that arrived this week from Tesco (TGFT).

So the bedroom walls didn't get filled and sanded. So what? Still a successful week I think!

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
(Oh, and I didn't get round to tidying the lounge, but who cares?)

Cheers!

9 comments:

Nicol said...

Sounds like you have been super busy! Kudos to you! I have tons of projects to get done.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I should say that it is not that I am scared enough to store a years worth of food, it has been encouraged that we do. This comes from the leaders of my church. I have been putting it off for some time.

Casdok said...

Am very impressed!! :)

Sass E-mum said...

I'm scared. That's quite some list.

I've got to write a list of jobs, but I'm prevaricating because I know that once it's written I have to do it all.

GoneBackSouth said...

I'm so in awe - I have got almost nothing done. I'm a bit rubbish at the moment :-(

Maggie May said...

You have been mega busy! good for you. You need a holiday now!
As I've been away, I will have to really hurry around to try & clear up muddles before next week! School starts monday here, though many places have an inset day!

TexasTesla said...

Good heaves, you make me tired just reading all that. Any time I get away from my job, I prefer to spend relaxing with a book!

scrappysue said...

that's VERY impressive! if only google alert had worked - i would have been here sooner to say congrats. sounds like a lot of fun mixed in with some household chores!

family affairs said...

How are you going to fit a gap year in to your busy life?

Adventure Togs said...

Phew! I'm exhausted just reading about your week. We've been away for a few days, so that's my excuse!
Excellent blog by the way :-)