Friday, 25 April 2008

Working Mum Wobbler!

As usual, I have a concert on Sunday and WMS has struck. I have a sore throat and a cough. I have been coughing and spluttering since Wednesday.

Unfortunately my car, Penelope Polo, has come out in sympathy and is also coughing and spluttering. I did my usual ostrich impression whenever there is anything wrong with my car and pretended it wasn't happening. Eventually my practical, sensible husband said that it had to go to the garage.

Now, booking your car into the garage as a working mum is an organisational nightmare. Not the booking, but all the arrangements that have to be made because I haven't got a car. I arranged a lift to work with one colleague and a lift home with another. Then there is the matter of daughter needing to be picked up. Husband does the drop off, but works late so I don't like to ask him to pick up. Amazingly, his workload today was such that he could manage it. Hurrah!

So I dropped my car off at 7.30am and my colleague kindly came and picked me up at the garage. I have spent all day waiting for that dreaded phone call to say that there is something major wrong with car and it is going to cost £x (£x being more than I earn in a month). Now there is the matter of actually collecting my car from the garage, sorting out daughter's birthday party tomorrow, marking 25 exam papers, hosting birthday party, cleaning up, singing in concert ............

Meez 3D avatar avatars games


2 comments:

scrappysue said...

nightmare!!! hope it all works out for you

Amanda said...

What's that saying, 'when it rains it pours'? I hope that the party went well and that your concert goes well, today. Wonder which one would be more fun?