Wednesday, 23 April 2008

St George and The Bridgewater Hall

Happy St George's Day!

I know we English don't celebrate our saint's day with as much relish as our Celtic neighbours, but this Sunday I am singing in A Gala for St George at the Bridgewater Hall and what, with the rehearsals and everything, I'm feeling quite patriotic! 'Land of Hope and Glory', 'Jerusalem' and 'Rule, Brittania' will do it every time! It's not exactly taxing singing, but it's the venue that counts.


Love singing at the Bridgewater Hall; the most beautiful concert hall in the world:


Proper dressing rooms with mirrors! A decent sized choir assembly area so we don't have to organise ourselves down a dark corridor. There's even an artiste's canteen backstage! Apparently they do great roast dinners, but it's not something singers can indulge in before a concert (you try singing Handel on a full stomach!) The orchestra take full advantage of the catering though!

I love stepping onto the stage and seeing row upon row of the audience in front of me. Then the sound of the orchestra warming up giving me goosebumps. The applause as the Leader and then the Conductor step onto stage.

Love it, love it, love it!

This is the stage:
and this is the view I have from the stage (imagine it full of people, are you scared?):


The funny thing is, I always forget about the audience after a concert. I pack my rucksack, head for the tram home and wonder why there are all these people waiting for the tram? Durrr!

3 comments:

Mean Mom said...

Very impressive. Hope you have a great time and that all goes well, including travelling home!

scrappysue said...

wow - totally cool. have an awesome night!

Dusty Spider said...

Have a great time and enjoy every minute. I performed at the Albert Hall in a Keep Fit team many years ago. It was an awesome experience and one I will never forget! Flick xx