Saturday, 5 April 2008

Paint Shop Pro?

Thanks for the offer of the services of the Fixer, MOTL, but look!

I took a photo (it took me a while to decide, but I went for the academic look), rotated it, cropped it, posterized it (to make it look more arty), bordered it twice (which involved flattening it and merging it), stuck some text on it (no mean feat - it isn't just a case of typing some words you know) and voila, the new Working Mum's Award (version 5):





And it only took me an hour and a half!


I seem to have wasted a lot of time on the laptop this Easter, but I'm claiming that this blogging lark is advancing my IT skills, which can only be a good thing, can't it? Although how making avatars and blog awards will enhance my CV, I'm not so sure. Now I find that Sass e-mum recommends The Pioneer Woman to learn more about PaintShop and this can only lead to more playing on the laptop. Will the house ever get finished?


Actually, I think I will be spending a lot of time at Pioneer Woman as she seems to do what I was going to pay a lot of money to do at night school next term, so Sass e-mum, you've saved me a lot of money and the hassle of trying to get a babysitter every week. Huge thanks!


Anyway, back to the award, here are the rules: pass the award on to five blogs that make you laugh, cry, think or sigh (notice the poetry?)


It was a tough decision, but I have decided that the first five 'Blogs of Distinction' will go to:




There were others I would have liked to have included, but hopefully the award will find their way to them and if one comes back to me I can always hand out another five!


Enjoy!

Addendum 7 April: Now that one has found its way back to me I can hand it out to others I missed first time:

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong

I Invented Motherhood

Love, Life and Marriage

Mean, Moody, Middle-aged Mom

My Home Wellington Town

13 comments:

Reluctant Housewife said...

That is a truly beautiful award. Colour me impressed.

Thank you! I'm really honoured to be one of the 1st to receive it. Blown away in fact.

Sass E-mum said...

Fantastic. What a great award. Thank you.

I shouldn't think my blog has made you cry. You'd tell me if it did right? Cause that's not the effect I'm aiming at.

I'll be thinking carefully about my five awards.

the mother of this lot said...

The Fixer says 'You don't need me - you're a real Paint Shop Pro!'

I agree, and I'm very honoured to be one of the five! Thanks so much!

Enjoy your weekend.

Amanda said...

Working mum, you have made my day. I might have had a different outcome in my drawing had you done this yesterday. Yes, I can be bought.

Words cannot express how honored I am to be a part of this award. To know that it was created here and I was one of the first to recieve it just blows me away. Technically, I was the first but I think that was because of the alphabetical order and all.

I, like Sass, will be taking some time to let this sink in and to ponder on who should receive it from me.

Thank you.

family affairs said...

Thank you so so much. That has really cheered me up - and I'm very impressed with your artwork! It's brilliant. xx

the mother of this lot said...

Came back to say - you've been tagged!

scrappysue said...

well, blow me down with a feather and call me a lightweight! my 2nd award in a week! i feel very specsh, and when i get back from the matchbox 20 concert (i'm overnighting in auckland with a girlfriedn) i will see to that tag and placing that award in a VERY predominant place!!!

thanks again!

jakelliesmom said...

Thank you so much. It's lovely.

SaraLynn said...

no, i didn't see it the first time!
Thanks so much!!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Thanks so much, Working Mum, have just got here to pick it up - a lovely Award and very well done. M x

Marni Tiani Self said...

Good job! I totally used your blog awards! :)

Jules said...

YOU made this award? Really nice job on it........ and I was given it a while back.

Again, lovely job.