Saturday, 5 April 2008

Paint Shop Amateur and Space Crew

This Paint Shop thing is not as easy as it looks! What's a layer or a vector? I need a teenager to help me. Hold on, I'll be seeing 120 of them next week, I'll ask them for help. Maybe I'll be able to make an award next week after intensive tuition from knowledgeable teenagers. (Shouldn't the pupils be asking the teacher for help?)

Anyway, trip to Spaceport was fun!
I really enjoyed the Explorer 1 simulator roller coaster ride and the film about being an astronaut in the Dome Theatre (commetary by the delicious Ewan McGregor).

This is daughter using a really clever exhibit to learn about the phases of the moon:

And this is husband controlling a Mars Rover Vehicle across the surface of Mars. He was very pleased with himself!
Daughter and husband now totally into Space stuff. This morning's trip to Tesco was by rocket (our car) including the countdown to ignition and blast off (leaving the drive). As we approached Tesco car park husband announced,
"We will be docking at destination in T minus 3 minutes"
"Roger that ground control"

It was harmless fun until they decided to space walk down the aisles making Darth Vader noises.

5 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

Shall I send some of mine over for the day?

Please?

Working mum said...

I definitely need The Fixer, but not sure I could afford her. What are her hourly rates?

the mother of this lot said...

She says she'll sort you out with layers and vectors for a tenner all in, and wants to know what's for tea.

Sass E-mum said...

I'm a fan of the pioneer woman at http://thepioneerwoman.com

Where once it was gobbledegook, she transforms it into a useful piece of software.

Be warned. You'll spend more time on Photoshop that you ever did on Meez.

SaraLynn said...

LOL...too cute!
Sounds like fun times were had!